Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Blue Vanson Enfield arrived from Japan- 3 days...
IMG_4500.JPG
IMG_4503.JPG
IMG_4539.JPG IMG_4544.JPG
Not sure how I feel about the windflap.
When they call it slim, they mean I need to keep the weight off the gut. Thank goodness for the 2 way zipper ;)

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

barnabus

One Too Many
It's not comp weight...soft and pebbly. It comes in at maybe 2-3lbs... it is pretty snug along the bottom when zipped, but I think it comes lower down over my hips and butt. The length is 25.5". If I roll up the back an inch (to my preferred length of 24.5") it feels fine zipped. I might have it taken up in back when I get the windflap removed. I prefer a slightly longer drop in front rather than a flat bottom hem.
IMG_4607.JPG
Does this make any sense?

Last edited:
Awesome jacket @handymike!! Love that blue. I'm on the fence about the windflap...I think it's cool but it does look a bit neater without it. The hem adjustment to give it a slight drop front would be amazing and should probably be part of the stock pattern. Where would you send it for that? JL?

Perfect, @handymike . Positively perfect.

As for the windflap, I most definitely wouldn't mess with it. It's barely noticeable, it actually serves a purpose (well, on a bike at least, or in a gale) and if you ever some day decide to move this jacket - although I can't think of a reason why you'd want to do that like ever - the missing windflap will seriously bring down the price.

Oh man I was literally sweating my ass off. Lately monitor is my sage on the stage. He's "steered" me toward my last two jacket purchases. LOL.

Lol, and in two months you'll be happy I did! Well, at least when it comes to that sherpa suede type III. But for that kinda money, it'd been silly not to buy the CR.

@AbbaDatDeHat Not sure I'm too happy about being responsible for you guys wasting your money on stuff I dig out. But I am! XD

Having said that, I can't believe this Lee Trevor still isn't sold...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Le...-Jacket-Unusual-Label-56-on-Back/202280947551
I'm this close to hitting the BIN. Even the shipping isn't much... Man, a bucket of Fiebing's and you got yourself a perfect CR.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My eBay adventure with the Cal continues. Looks like either the seller refused to accept delivery or it is the wrong address he has on file with Ebay. Ebay states the latter and that it’s on the way back. USPS as usual is lagging a bit on their updates.

My question— Ebay says the buyer now has six days to respond with an updated address. I won’t get my refund until either he does that and I re-ship the jacket, or he simply disappears. Does this track? Basic searches online don’t tell me anything but I will start a more exhaustive search Monday, when I have a bit more free time.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
1949 British Army tunic NOS, as far as I can tell. Arrived today. Looks great on - very short, high rise jeans only.

Not bad for £30! Good for early summer morning starts, that’s for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice example. This 1949 pattern is easier to find now than the previous ones as there were simply more of them made (particularly in the 36-38 size range), relatively few of which saw combat experience: bear in mind that these were produced in the National Service era.

It's gotta be the coolest army jacket I've ever seen. Just everything about it is perfect. The belt, collar, lapels, cuffs and the pockets... Just right. Looks very warm. I'll try to hunt one down. Repro, if nothing else. Sloan, could you post the measurements of the one you got? I'm curious just how short it is.

Length-wise, they should be fine with an era- appropriate jeans cut. Check out the BD trews for some idea of what they were designed to be worn with:
http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/shop-r...-battle-dress,-wool-and-denim-bds-category,78

If you want that lapelled look, though, and you're looking at repros look for a repop of the Canadian officers' version of the Battldress tunic: prior to 1949, British BD was all shirt-collar style (even for officers, though officers alone were allowed to wear collar and tie underneath, lower ranks simply fastened the collar the whole way up. From 1949, they all wore collar and tie). 1949 British BD is still around, but less common in sizes around 40 and above in my experience. Otherwise, look for an Ike - though if memory serves, weren’t they a softer wool, being essentially just a cut-down version of the standard service tunic rather than a complete redesign in heavier, serge wool like the Brits used?

Is that the Montgomery jacket? I've always wondered if the "Ike" came first or the "Monty." I really like the belt on that one.

AFAIK, the Ike came later. British BD was first issued widely in 1939, after having been trialled with various units in the 30s.

All you have to do is claim not as described. eBay will provide you with a return label. As soon as it's marked delivered to the senders address eBay automatically credits your account. Just keep an eye on the tracking so you know when it's been returned.

Usually a fairly simple process IME.

I thought i had seen somethign similar recently, and here it is:

They say 40s or older, wonder which came first?

The British BD was designed and trialled in the 30s, before being rolled out as standard in 1939. Of course, that jacket may have been inspired by their common ancestry: the BD was based on period skisuits, if memory serves.

We can try convincing Simon...

(SJC). He's been tempting us with a goatskin jacket for some time.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Oh man I was literally sweating my ass off. Lately monitor is my sage on the stage. He's "steered" me toward my last two jacket purchases. LOL.

“Sag on the street”? Don’t you mean “enabler”? ;)

Blue Vanson Enfield arrived from Japan- 3 days...

Not sure how I feel about the windflap.

I know what you mean about the windflap being less aesthetically pleasing, but that should be more than compensated for by function if you intend to use it as a riding jacket.

My question— Ebay says the buyer now has six days to respond with an updated address. I won’t get my refund until either he does that and I re-ship the jacket, or he simply disappears. Does this track? Basic searches online don’t tell me anything but I will start a more exhaustive search Monday, when I have a bit more free time.

If they operate in the US same as the UK, eBay will eventually pickup the bill if the seller doesn’t come through, though I imagine they’ll avoid doing that until all other options have been exhausted. Here if you just don’t like the item you have a right of return (though buyer pays return shipping, and original shipping is not refunded). If the seller is in the wrong – goods not as described, or goods faulty – they have to cover return shipping. I’m assuming eBay have a common policy internationally, though these would be obligations of EU consumer protection law in the UK anyhow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo