Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
On an Eastmans binge…C-3 vest arrived yesterday and I have an A-2 50 Cal with red knits in the pipeline

Attachments

• 2EE77365-120E-48AB-BAE7-35DBEF5317B8.jpeg
    2EE77365-120E-48AB-BAE7-35DBEF5317B8.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 2E08BA8E-619A-49E0-B99B-3D4D26207711.png
    2E08BA8E-619A-49E0-B99B-3D4D26207711.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
I know most of TFL doesn't care for these but just wanna share a few pics these pants that arrived yesterday.

Some time ago, I bought a pair of leather trousers on a whim only 'cause they seemed nice but I had no clue what I was in for and the price wasn't really a bargain but man, am I glad I took the risk because not only did they turn out to be some of the best leather anything I've handled but more importantly, I discovered a fantastic Germany-based maker called Stark aus Leder.

https://www.facebook.com/starkausleder/

The owner of the shop is Peter who's now retired but still does work for home & I honestly can't recommend his gear enough. Just do yourself a favor and if you're looking for MC trousers, talk to the guy. He's super nice and all but most importantly, in 40 years of his career in leather craft, he specialized in leather pants & vests so well it's insane. Just another level altogether. Think Thedi of leather trousers.

@red devil visited Peter's workshop recently and can, I'm sure, only echo what I'm sayin' here.

Anyway, since his trousers don't even have a tag, best I could hope for was to visually identify a pair, once it turns up, which is what happened last week. There's this seller on eBay.de that's got millions of leather pants flowing thru and while most are junk, occasionally they'll list a gem. The first ones I got from him as well.

Kind of amusing how even tho 90% of the stuff his selling is listed insanely cheap (because it sucks), you won't see those few good pieces that don't even particularly stand out to most people, listed under 150 Eur. The seller knows what's good but that's okay I guess.

Anyway, my second Stark aus Leder trousers, this time in an obscenely cool variant with side laces which I probably won't ever even dare wearing but just having 'em around is cool. I wish I was 20 again... And thin. 'cause I was fat af at 20.

20220429-110443.jpg

20220429-110451.jpg

20220429-110459.jpg

20220429-110540.jpg

20220429-110553.jpg

20220429-110624-0.jpg

willyto

One Too Many
If I found the right pair I'd wear the hell out of riding leather trousers when going out on my motorcycle. I just find most of them generally too low rise and with details I do not care for.

If I found the right pair I'd wear the hell out of riding leather trousers when going out on my motorcycle. I just find most of them generally too low rise and with details I do not care for.

What sort of trousers would you prefer? I've researched most makers in Europe and a lot in US, maybe I know something?

Both pairs by Stark aus Leder that I got are high-er rise and Peter will do pretty much anything you can think of. I don't think he ever had a single stock pair on sale.

Aero makes a surprisingly good leather pants, too.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know most of TFL doesn't care for these but just wanna share a few pics these pants that arrived yesterday.

Some time ago, I bought a pair of leather trousers on a whim only 'cause they seemed nice but I had no clue what I was in for and the price wasn't really a bargain but man, am I glad I took the risk because not only did they turn out to be some of the best leather anything I've handled but more importantly, I discovered a fantastic Germany-based maker called Stark aus Leder.

https://www.facebook.com/starkausleder/

The owner of the shop is Peter who's now retired but still does work for home & I honestly can't recommend his gear enough. Just do yourself a favor and if you're looking for MC trousers, talk to the guy. He's super nice and all but most importantly, in 40 years of his career in leather craft, he specialized in leather pants & vests so well it's insane. Just another level altogether. Think Thedi of leather trousers.

@red devil visited Peter's workshop recently and can, I'm sure, only echo what I'm sayin' here.

Anyway, since his trousers don't even have a tag, best I could hope for was to visually identify a pair, once it turns up, which is what happened last week. There's this seller on eBay.de that's got millions of leather pants flowing thru and while most are junk, occasionally they'll list a gem. The first ones I got from him as well.

Kind of amusing how even tho 90% of the stuff his selling is listed insanely cheap (because it sucks), you won't see those few good pieces that don't even particularly stand out to most people, listed under 150 Eur. The seller knows what's good but that's okay I guess.

Anyway, my second Stark aus Leder trousers, this time in an obscenely cool variant with side laces which I probably won't ever even dare wearing but just having 'em around is cool. I wish I was 20 again... And thin. 'cause I was fat af at 20.

20220429-110443.jpg

20220429-110451.jpg

20220429-110459.jpg

20220429-110540.jpg

20220429-110553.jpg

20220429-110624-0.jpg

I can confirm, I was at the shop several weeks ago, that place is very cool! Over 40 years of activity permeates the walls, feels like a musem.

I never think of taking pictures, especially when there is so much to take in...

In any case, his stitch work is exquisite, the trousers look like they have had years of development and inprovements. They are designed to be used, I already ordered a pair in cow, and will most likely order a pair in deer, and potentially something else.

Peter is really interesting to talk to, he spent the whole afternoon sussing me out to figure out what would suit me best. It seems he wants to make sure people order what they will really use as opposed to just order what they think they want.

I am thinnking I should also get a vest.

Edit: I will definitely find the time to go back to visit him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ