Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I mean, folded 4x, the leather comes out at 1.3 cm.

20220707-181824.jpg
This is what is made from leather this thick (8 oz), according to Weaver Leather Supply - "Belts, Saddlebags, Bridles, Halters, Dog Collars, Straps, Scabbards, Holsters, Sheaths, Tool Pouches and Slings"

Oh, and Monitor's pants...:)

This is what is made from leather this thick (8 oz), according to Weaver Leather Supply - "Belts, Saddlebags, Bridles, Halters, Dog Collars, Straps, Scabbards, Holsters, Sheaths, Tool Pouches and Slings"

Oh, and Monitor's pants...:)

So naturally, now I gotta find a pair made of even thicker leather.

Even though I firmly believe the words leather and pants should never be paired….I have to admit those look really cool! Are they lined? Must be damn near bullet proof!

99.99% of all leather pants out there are ranging from junk at best to an abomination at worst but the good ones, as rare as they come, are really, really cool! Finding a good pair takes time and there was a lot of trial and error involved but I'm now able to spot a good pair. Out of 500+ listings on the Austrian classifieds, these were it.

They're 2/3 lined in some thin, silky material that I'm going to have to repair at the seams but it's nothing serious. Even if the leather was half as thick as it is, they would still feel bulletproof, how tightly constructed they are. No tag or anything of the sort so I'm thinking these were 100% custom made & regardless of the YKK zipper, they must be very old!

They fit wide-ish so I initially wanted to have them narrowed but the way they drape, to use the term loosely, is so unique that I cannot but love them for what they are.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab

99.99% of all leather pants out there are ranging from junk at best to an abomination at worst but the good ones, as rare as they come, are really, really cool! Finding a good pair takes time and there was a lot of trial and error involved but I'm now able to spot a good pair. Out of 500+ listings on the Austrian classifieds, these were it.

They're 2/3 lined in some thin, silky material that I'm going to have to repair at the seams but it's nothing serious. Even if the leather was half as thick as it is, they would still feel bulletproof, how tightly constructed they are. No tag or anything of the sort so I'm thinking these were 100% custom made & regardless of the YKK zipper, they must be very old!

They fit wide-ish so I initially wanted to have them narrowed but the way they drape, to use the term loosely, is so unique that I cannot but love them for what they are.

Please post fit pics!

I’m still confused as to how you would sport these but not the hair on cow Schott jacket I used to own. We all draw the line somewhere I guess.

These do look cool.

I’m still confused as to how you would sport these but not the hair on cow Schott jacket I used to own. We all draw the line somewhere I guess.

These do look cool.

Good question. But I guess because they're, after all, just regular jeans made out of leather while the cow Schott is a jacket that's got a lot going on. These heavy pants, they're really tame. There's almost no sheen to them so you wouldn't even be able to tell right away they're leather. What I mean is they don't stand out, not nearly as much as my other leather pants. The cow Schott does stand out. That's the way I see it. :)

Lol, I'd rather wear a pink Perfecto with zebra stripe hair on hide panels and a studded collar than having to wear leather pants.

I salute you 'cause what you're saying is that would literally rather look like this...
1657448496.jpeg

Than like this...
f-Sg-S0-CCB77.jpg

You have two options when it comes to leather trousers - Jim Morrison, and David Schwimmer. One always hopes to be Jim Morrison, but there's always that lurking fear...

Agreed but lurking fear or not, I will always have immense respect for someone having the guts to do something else with clothes to feel good and cool about themselves. Striving toward Jim Morrison type of cool is a worthy cause.

Edward

Bartender
Leather pants are tricky... you really have to pull off the whole attitude without any apologies, like Lux
View attachment 437645

Had a pair years ago that I picked up for a tenner in Camden market around 2003ish. Fine for running round the house shirtless pretending I was Iggy Pop, but limited applications otherwise. I think I only ever really wore them out as part of a costume. The right pair are great for motorcycle usage and/or heavy rainwear, though I found them prone to getting rather on the over-hot side indoors, as memory serves.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Langlitz Columbia brown goat on the way. Stated 28.5” back length, obv too long on paper but we shall see. It may be the rear dip. My “no more jackets” plan has completely imploded.

View attachment 437637
What a cool find Nick! And you should be just fine with the length on that one, probably fits closer to a 26“ back length when you take the kidney panel into account.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Even though I firmly believe the words leather and pants should never be paired….I have to admit those look really cool! Are they lined? Must be damn near bullet proof!
Your’s look cool but can you wear them in summer? I imagine they’d stick to you like cellophane. The say it might hit 42c in the UK next week, egad!

ojaw

A-List Customer
^^
I'd say @Monitor, but he hates roughout... these look pretty alright though. How is the smooth side against the skin though? How do you pry yourself out of these?
That slimmer fit would certainly be a challenge but I think they look pretty nice, you’d likely cook in those though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch