Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

I had a heavy, brown pair in suede, 5 pocket setup, that I wore a couple of winters. Just barely felt like leather and nobody ever noticed they weren't textile. I got bored with them though as I'm not a fan of suede and switched to regular leather since but they're really nice to wear during those cold, winter months. Very warm and comfortable... Best part is, I would just toss them in the washing machine every once in a while to clean them up.

Thinking about it now, I kind of miss them but I sold 'em to some biker guy who really needed a pair of good leather pants for riding. This is his bike. He said it's his only mean of transportation whole year, winter or summer. Certainly looks like it...

20210120-154725.jpg

Edward

Bartender
I've seen motorcycle trews done in roughout quite recently. I can seem them appealing to anyone who wants the characteristics of leather but with a more toned down look. On a practical level, what would concern me would be that you lose the 'wipe clean' practicality of leather with the smooth side out, and if they do get a stain / dirt, you're into an expensive cleaning bill.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
We should all be queing up for re-makes of @torfjord’s 5* Wrangler instead.
I had the opportunity to handle @torfjord 5* wrangler. Even though the jacket as a whole was better than I expected, I was not impressed by the leather, which looked rather dull to me. I think it's the 'premium' seal goat? Nowhere near as nice as the goatskins I've handled from Aero or makers like cockpit USA or Avirex. There's 0 color depth. Exactly the kind of leather you'd expect from a mall jacket. Just my two cents.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I had the opportunity to handle @torfjord 5* wrangler. Even though the jacket as a whole was better than I expected, I was not impressed by the leather, which looked rather dull to me. I think it's the 'premium' seal goat? Nowhere near as nice as the goatskins I've handled from Aero or makers like cockpit USA or Avirex. There's 0 color depth. Exactly the kind of leather you'd expect from a mall jacket. Just my two cents.

I agree, that’s my main gripe with my 5*, the colour is dull as hell. I think the premium goat has pretty nice grain, but yeah the colour is not great. I haven’t returned to 5* for that reason along with their inferior sleeve patterns.

ojaw

A-List Customer
Well, I certainly have been put in my place, I have that jacket.
The leather is possibly the best thing about it; a thinnish, easy wearing HH that smells beautiful and (to my eye) looks rich. Somebody mentioned the length? Mine in a size 38 is 23” long. I hated the cupro that it came lined with and ripped it out, now it’s infinitely more comfortable to wear, and no, it’s not a huge challenge to put on and take off. It gets dirty easily but I don’t mind.
Going in, this was my first foray into leather jackets other than a failed attempt with a couple of 2nd tier Aeros that I sent back. Sizing is the biggest issue for me as I have a small upper body and widish hips that make it a real challenge to find something that fits everywhere. Vansons and such have huge shoulders which would sit at my elbows if I got the right waist size!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ