Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Was Your Day?

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
Starius said:
Scranton! (Hah, sorry, a fan of The Office)

Yep that's the place. The people from that show are always here every few months to do something.

Scranton is always having a party for something...and it's true what you hear about out St Patricks Day parade. I think they say it's the second largest in the country. Bars opening up at 6am...do you believe it.

Anyway, There was a party called Raise the Roof. They closed one of the parking garage roof tops and have another excuse to have a party. The girl who plays Angela, and the guy who plays kevin were here bartending.

The guy who plays Dwight was here a few months ago doing something at our Steamtown mall. It's always a circus when they are around.

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
For the first time in God knows how long

Well, I will go for the week, not the day. Started my new job Monday, working for a call center. Lots of info to learn, products and system navigation. I had to get a "new" used car a few weeks ago, and it was a bad investment, it seems to hesitate when I want to go, and I am afraid to drive it more than a few miles at a time, so been stressed about that, however, made some new friends at work already.

Last nite, went out on a blind date, and it went well, enjoyed the company. No committment, just a good time.

My bank is in NJ, and I live up here in NEPA, and I had to deposit a check for a downpayment for an apartment, and so I paid $16+ bucks to overnight it to my bank, and the post office seemed to have misplaced it for a few days, but finally on Saturday, I got a call from my bank that it was recieved and deposited. So, now I have the money to put a depost on my apartment. A lil 1 bedroom for $425/Mo everything included but phone and cable. It should be ready to go by the 24th of this month.

Tonite, my agenda is to go to a birthday party with my friend, and then just relax tomorrow and enjoy the day.

It has been a very rough few weeks for me, but things are starting to look up, I hope that this is the begining of a beautiful life with only good things to come. AND, I turn 33 in a month, Im gonna be OLD!!!!

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Here was my day... I woke up to find dried pools of blood all over my bathroom floor and crusted on my poor kitty. My cat was just diagnosed with diabetes in June so I called the vet right away to get her checked out. $96 dollars and an hour later I still didn't know exactly what was wrong with her but I have more pills to give her and cream to put in her eyes. Ever try to give a cat a pill. It's much easier giving her two insulin shots a day then a pill.

So, I thought to cheer myself up I would go to an afternoon auction. I swear to god I am a dirty old man magnate. If there is a dirty old man with in a 5 mile radius he will find me and harrass me! At auction I'm sitting there on my new swivel chair minding my own business and watching the sale. A toothless fat old man decides to sit down next to me and start chatting me up. Now I am a really sweet, friendly girl and I'm usually always smiling, (unless I'm working)! I guess that made him think I was a sure thing. He proceeds to tell me...that I am as pretty as a young hefer in a spring time clover patch. I'm looking at him and smiling but in my head I am saying...what the *@&*! Did he just call me a cow in a field?? So, my dirty old man radar is going off big time! He keeps staring at my "girls" and I can see he is going from my legs to my "girls" and back again! He proceeds to continue to chat me up and he finally says to me..."Can I ask you a question?" I say what but my brain is saying NO, NO, NO! He then asks me if I would like a job working under him! Picture me still with my sweet little smile as I say..."dirty old man, @#&#@@!!! and !@#$%@ if you don't get away from me.

Fun Day!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Oh Gosh, MaryDeluxe--I'm sending you a plate of virtual cookies; what a horrible experience! I'm sorry but the line "pretty as a young hefer in a spring time clover patch" is one for the ages. Here's hoping tomorrow is better (and Dirty Old Man free).

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
Oh Gosh, MaryDeluxe--I'm sending you a plate of virtual cookies; what a horrible experience! I'm sorry but the line "pretty as a young hefer in a spring time clover patch" is one for the ages. Here's hoping tomorrow is better (and Dirty Old Man free).

Yeah, I've heard some lines in my days but that one pretty much takes the cake lol Today it's kinda of funny, yesterday it was disturbing.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MaryDeluxe said:
... If there is a dirty old man with in a 5 mile radius he will find me and harrass me! ... "dirty old man, @#&#@@!!! and !@#$%@ if you don't get away from me. ...

If you need someone to "have a little talk" with this scumbag (or others like him), give me a call. I'd be glad to lean on him a bit. ;) I despise maggots like that.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Big Man said:
If you need someone to "have a little talk" with this scumbag (or others like him), give me a call. I'd be glad to lean on him a bit. ;) I despise maggots like that.

Well, usually I have taken care of little problems like that in the past with steel toe boots;) I have kicked a few men in my time for thinking they could touch me. *opps so sorry does that hurt*

You would make a very nice body guard! :)

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
I agree with the inappropriate behavior of this guy.
The old creepy one hit on me quite a bit.
I think they know they have nothing to lose by being a dirty old man.

I once mention the fact that these creppy-creepies hit on me to a friend and the way he saw it was:

"The way you dress and behave might be reminding them of someone they cared about a long time ago."

That thought just made me just say
"AaaawwWWwwww"

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Copied from the Humidor thread:

dhermann1 said:
Well, I've had an eventful day. At 9:20 my new bookcases from Ikea arrived. Spent the next several hours assembling them. Worked up quite a sweat, but I now have a lot of very old books in bookshelves instead of boxes. In the process I discovered a beautiful leather scrap book, with 224 pictures of my mother's family's trip to Europe in 1937. I didn't even know I had it!
I finally flopped. It's cicada time, so the back yard is full of chittering cicadas, and the cats are bringing their little half emerged bodies into the house. It's an annual ritual. I made myself a mojito, lit up my Upmann cigar, and sat in the back yard and enjoyed myself. The guy at the cigar store said this cigar would be good for a novice smoker like me, and boy was he right. I sat there as the light faded from the sky and went into a deep reverie. Now I get it, guys. I will be doing this on a regular basis from now on. Thanks!
P.S. My Mama cat just ate her cicada. So everyone's happy.
It was a good day!
P.S. MaryDeluxe: I'll post the pix from last year of my girlfriend finding glass door knobs at Urban Archaeology in Scranton. What a place!

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
PA Dancer said:
I agree with the inappropriate behavior of this guy.
The old creepy one hit on me quite a bit.
I think they know they have nothing to lose by being a dirty old man.

I once mention the fact that these creppy-creepies hit on me to a friend and the way he saw it was:

"The way you dress and behave might be reminding them of someone they cared about a long time ago."

That thought just made me just say
"AaaawwWWwwww"

I don't mind an old man/man in general who has some innocent charming flirtation going on...what girl doesn't love a charming man but when it gets to the sexual remarks stuff that's like crossing the line no matter what age they are.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Big Man said:

I have a job for you, Big Man. :D

A little more than a year ago, our neighbor decides to play the stereo in his truck as loudly as he possibly can. For five to six hours straight. For six days in a row. Starting at 6:30 or 7:00 in the morning. So, on day six, a Saturday, at about noon, I approach him and say it's time to turn it down. DOWN, mind you, not off. He goes off.

"I don't care about the neighbors! I don't care about you! I don't care about anything! Call the cops! I don't care!" So, I gave him what he wanted. It wasn't my intention, I was just going to the market.

The poilce arrive and he argues with the officer. After about fifteen minutes (this is one very patient officer) he turns the stereo off. (Oh yeah! At one point he points at me and tells the officer, "If he ever parks in front of my house again." - something I only did on street-sweeper night, and he NEVER parks in the street.) The officer calls me after he leaves and tells me that he told the guy to turn it down, and that it was HIS decision, not the officers, to turn it off.

Now, mind you, he doesn't get violent and he's retired. But, he does everything he can to anger his neighbors so that he can be angry with them. He loves to hate everyone. This guy has lived there for more than twenty years and has NEVER reached out to meet any of his neighbors. (Except to go around the corner and EXPECT neighbors who have done stone-work on their homes to do some on his.) He's built up a fence around his yard and LOCKS the gate to the driveway every night. This is a safe neighborhood.

The neighbors on either side of him hate him. The ones on both sides of me hate him. He's just an angry, hateful, evil guy. I've tried being nice to him. When I'd leave for work in the morning (before all this started) I'd wave and smile as I drove by. He wouldn't even look. And this was before I ever spoke to him that day. He brings it all on himself.

Fast-forward to a couple months back. He's having a party. I get home from wherever I was and within a couple minutes the police arrive to ask him to quiet it down. I did not call the police! I never call about parties, regardless. Parties are celebrations and I do not interfere with celebrations. Period! It's a LAW I've set for myself. It was his neighbor to the west who called (they told me it was them, and they had their reason: Their mother is elderly and needs quiet and rest. . . . Not to mention he's done everything he can to alienate them.)

A couple weeks ago, I go to my car and he's standing behind his truck, in his driveway about thirty yards away, calling me an "A . . . . . ." I just ignored him, as usual.

Now fast forward to tonight. I park my car down the street, and as I'm walking to my house, he's out in the street with some poor unfortunates he calls friends. (He also tried to stare me down as I drove past, but I ignored him, like I always do.) As I go by, he turns around and I hear him say, ". . . the son of a . . ." And I see one of his friends take his shoulder and turn him back into their conversation.

I have done NOTHING to this man before or since the time I called the police, and I already told you why I did that one time. Yet, he still hates me with a passion and takes every opportunity to call out vulgar names at me if we're outside at the same time. The only thing that keeps me sane is knowing that I have far more class than he does and that I actually LIKE people. I like my neighbors. And his wife is as big a . . . too. Nevermind.

Then I learn that the brother of the father of the folks next door to me died today at the age of sixty-three. I offer my condolences and they offer me dinner. These are good people.

Then, I find I have a message from my ex-girlfriend, with whom I broke up in MARCH, telling me that I'm a "hateful man" because Im not calling her every couple days to tell her I miss her. I broke up with her for lying to me about a number of things throughout our relationship. I don't want to talk to her.

We also have a cat that is dying of old age. She's about sixteen years old and was always an outdoor cat, by her choice.

Needless to say, what was once a good day has turned rather unpleasant. Thank you for letting me vent.

Lee

Sometimes, I wish California had a "He Needed Killing" law.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Well, it's been pretty lousy so far. I had to get up at 6:30 and I have a flight to catch at 9. I have 10 minutes to get out of the house and I've now spent 20 minutes looking for my glasses. #^*(!$^@$!@^$&#

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday

Got up at 4:45 in the night! (I know some call it morning!)
Drove for 3 hours in darkness, rain and storm to the other side of Denmark (allmost)
Attended a meeting starting at 9:00 that lasted till 4:00 - with half an hours break for lunch.
Got in the car drove back another 3 bloody hours. In rain.

And when I got back, I found that my lovely wife had invited her collegue from work to join us for dinner.:eek:
Hows that for a day?[huh]

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"Pauley ... you won't see him no more ..."

MrNewportCustom said:
I have a job for you, Big Man. :D ...

Should your obnoxious neighbor suddenly disappear, don't look at me (and don't think twice about that new "flower bed" in his back yard). Oh yeah, and the ex-girlfriend - probably she and the obnoxious neighbor took a long trip together. Yeah, that's right - a looooong trip ... ;)

Kishtu

Practically Family
Well, what goes round comes round.... one likes to hope that these are the sort of people who end up old and lonely and being eaten in their flat by 15 feral cats (or small dogs)

Bit unfair on the cats though....
(didn't that happen to Lupe Velez? if I remember "Hollywood Babylon" correctly?)

I went out on my lunch hour and bought a brown/green merino sweater (to go with my vintage tweed trousers!) a hair flower off the market, and a covered vegetable dish. The dish was £1 - the lady apologised for it having a crack in the lid, dear of her, as if I mind!!

And chilli for dinner tonight, yum yum.

And a day off tomorrow and the sun is shining!!

Hope everyone's day is looking better this afternoon (it's afternoon here!) - how is Twitch does anyone know? I saw his post and I know we haven't "met" but I thought of him....

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Kishtu said:
.... one likes to hope that these are the sort of people who end up old and lonely and being eaten in their flat by 15 feral cats (or small dogs)

Bit unfair on the cats though....
(didn't that happen to Lupe Velez? if I remember "Hollywood Babylon" correctly?)

:eek:fftopic: Sorry about this, I just couldn't help myself ;) I thought this is a good moment to expand, a little bit more on this ...

"...in 1944, deeply in debt and pregnant by her most recent lover, Lupe staged her last night on earth with care ... at 3.00am, her bedroom chock-a-block with gardenias ... several dozen candles... La Lupe gowned in silver lame... a farewell note to the father of her baby, opened a bottle of pills and swallowed 75 of the little buggers ... she streched on the satin bed ..." and that was that [huh] Now, she did own 2 chihuahuas "Chips" and "Chops" (darling little creatures they were too!) and the next day "they are scrarching at the door ...they are wimpering, they are whining ... they want their little Lupita to take them out to play ...
... just had to made this clear, so that everybody knows that she did not (heaven forbid!)get eaten by Chips. and Chops. :)

Starius

Practically Family
I think I saw ghosts tonight

Tonight I went to a local photography group for the first time. Lasted 2 hours, shared some pictures, it was a pleasant experience. I will probably go again.

On the way home, however... which was only about 40 minutes ago now... I had a strange experience. Driving in the dark, (and in rural Iowa I should point out) I missed my turn at a intersection and just kept going straight ahead.

I thought, well, maybe it turns around and I can get back on the highway so I kept on going. A short ways down, I saw two women along the side of the road walking a small dog. I had my high beams on, so they looked pretty washed out... but its completely dark along this roadside... and the two farm houses I passed after them were completely dark too. I thought, "thats weird... why are they out walking a dog in the dark without a flashlight or something?"

I keep going a ways, get to the powerplant and the road turns to gravel so I thought, 'screw it, I'll turn around and go back to the intersection."

On the way back to the intersection, no sign of the women or the dog, whatsoever. I started to wonder if they were really there or not. In any event, I had one of those on the road late at night spooky feelings.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Big Man said:
Should your obnoxious neighbor suddenly disappear, don't look at me (and don't think twice about that new "flower bed" in his back yard). Oh yeah, and the ex-girlfriend - probably she and the obnoxious neighbor took a long trip together. Yeah, that's right - a looooong trip ... ;)

. . . And you and I have never met. :D

Had a better day, today: didn't see the neighbor, no messages and the aged cat is still holding on.

Add to that; I'll have my first photo shoot in a long time pretty soon. Got to work and a client came to me before I could get away from my car. He's a good man, and we started talking. I don't know how the conversation got to it, but I started telling him about how I used to do model portfolios. Now he wants me to shoot some pictures of his boy for his portfiolio and zed card. He's even going to rent a studio.

Now I have a real reason to get the digital SLR I've been wanting. :D

Lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points