Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Was Your Day?

carter

I'll Lock Up
I spent about 1 1/2 hours this morning touring the Stetson factory with Matthew Range. I'll post some photos after vacation. Then I went to their outlet store and picked up three nice hats for under $130.00, a Knox Player, a Knox Dr. Knox, and a Stetson Soverign Temple. Not a bad morning. Then I met a lady at Starbucks and she delivered three doll hats from Neiman Marcus ($19.00 on ebay) for my daughter. Then I picked up a sportscoat and some braces at Men's Wearhouse, dropped four suits off at the tailors, dropped off drycleaning, picked up prescriptions, picked-up print cartridges, went to the bank, and went home to pack for vacation. We leave at 8:30 this morning. All-in-all, an uneventful day.

CharlieH.

One Too Many
AAARGH!

Well, I just came out of a 2 week grouchy streak that got started by a lousy return to school. Awful teachers, useless courses, foiled plans and not a single conversation to be had that didn't involve getting splifficated, to name a few annoyances. On top of that I got locked out of my house (had to break a window to get in), a friend went mysteriously missing (if for a perfectly good reason), our dog took to loudly dragging a broom at 3 o'clock in the morning every day, we had some wiring chewed up by ants, that sort of thing.
Now, I'm back to (relative) sanity.

Technonut

Practically Family
I started out the day moving some VERY awkward furniture around.... I then spent the remainder of the day arranging it... :eusa_doh: Then a nice, intimate dinner... I am currently kicking back in a 1930's vintage bar with the woman of my dreams.. So the day IS ending well...... ;)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I spent the day driving from PA to MA today--a 5 hour trip turned into a 7 hour one thanks to an overturned tractor-trailer that turned I-84 into a parking lot. Nonetheless, it was a good time--a car full of friends, new acquaintances made when everyone got out of their vehicles when we were all stopped and nobody hurt. I enjoyed the getaway but it's awfully nice to be back home.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Have spent the better part of the last 36 hours trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer speakers. With time out for sleep, hopipng store to store looking for Standard School Attire (better known as school uniforms without calling it that) for the girls in there respective school colors (what a joke), and mindless brain numbing experiences of computer games and checking in on the lounge. Needless to say I am moodly and not a very friendly mommy at the moment (or daughter/roomie either).

GRRRRR Renting a house with my mom is getting on my last nerves. This has to end soon too. A year has been long enough. Now I remember why I never moved back home after I moved out 13 years ago...Its insanity I tell ya, insanity!! I love my family, but to much is to much!! lol

Ok, enough venting....I feel better now.

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
I am starting to feel summers end with this chilly weather in the northeast. I went to my moms today to pick up some mail and noticed that the leaves are all ready starting to change. I am not happy about this considering I am starting to feel like I am coming out of hibernation. But the good news is the weather reports are forcasting some hot weather later this week!

This has been a week of change. I am feeling inspired and energetic and feeling like I need something new going on in my life, but I don't know what that something new is.

And last, but not least, I am quitting smoking again. (and again, and again) So far so good. Wish me luck.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!
-Ann

olive bleu

One Too Many
I am supposedly on "VACATION", but dead tired, have spent the entire day cleaning, doing laundry..have family arriving tommorrow from Connecticut and Vancouver,still have to clean the fridge and the kitchen floor,put away about 10 loads of laundry that I washed today, clean the downstairs bathroom,..get groceries tommorrow, get my hair cut..pack for our weekend trip away..and hem the dress i left to the last minute to sew..begs the questions..why am i even in here??:eek: :eek:

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
You are going to need a vacation from your vacation!

olive bleu said:
I am supposedly on "VACATION", but dead tired, have spent the entire day cleaning, doing laundry..have family arriving tommorrow from Connecticut and Vancouver,still have to clean the fridge and the kitchen floor,put away about 10 loads of laundry that I washed today, clean the downstairs bathroom,..get groceries tommorrow, get my hair cut..pack for our weekend trip away..and hem the dress i left to the last minute to sew..begs the questions..why am i even in here??:eek: :eek:

olive bleu

One Too Many
lol lol yep.

I will get to rest eventually.once everyone arrives, we are all driving to Prince Edward Island for 3 days.We have booked a cottage with a pool literally right outside.The most strenuous thing I will have to do then is raising my arm to lift my wineglass to my lips while I sit on the verandah, watching the kids swim while their auntie who is travelling 6000 miles to see them babysits:D

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Drove two hours to go to a job interview where I was told once again that I have great skill sets, interviewed well, they liked me... but I'm overqualified. :eusa_doh: This is getting old. I can't get interviews for management positions because I don't have enough hands-on experience, and I can't get the hands-on experience because I've got too much management experience. (This is in IT.) Talk about a Catch-22! If I'd known this would happen I'd have saved the 10 grand I spent on getting a bunch of tech training and certifications and spent it on hats! :D

Eventually made it back to the home area, took my granddaughter out to buy her shoes and a backpack for school. She starts first grade tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tom

Fast

Familiar Face
Overqualified

It's getting so hard to find incompetent people anymore!

Worked at my school's registration/book day. One of the student workers said they wanted to steal my panama. On a high school campus in the 21st century in california, that's high praise.

Carpe Diem
Fast

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
A grat one. Been writing on the filmscript for a small imagepresentation for a firm. Even involving a Spitfire!!!!!!!!
If we have a go (which I really hope for) - I am off to Duxford for the directionwork.
Back to the keyboard...

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Busy, good, and "OH MY!"

Well, work was busy - VERY busy! That's a good thing. :)

Found out my barber, Ron, is getting into a new shop very close to his current one.

Saw about twenty police cars in the street at about ten-thirty last night: turns out the neighbor I'd ranted about in this thread a few weeks back got himself arrested for beating his wife and adult daughter. (The daughter, I learned, has throat cancer.) He cussed out the cops and slammed the door on them, and then when they entered he resisted arrest, which may mean that he also has an assault-on-a-police-officer charge as well. My brother overheard one of the officers say that there have been many unreported incidences. I heard one say, "I think I might have hit him," and another say, "I love this new digital camera," as she crossed the street while holding it aloft.

I hope his wife and daughter will be okay.

Lee

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MrNewportCustom said:
... turns out the neighbor I'd ranted about in this thread a few weeks back got himself arrested ...

Well, well, well. You say he got himself arrested. Now, isn't that something ... ;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Priginally posted by olive bleu
I will get to rest eventually.once everyone arrives, we are all driving to Prince Edward Island for 3 days.We have booked a cottage with a pool literally right outside.The most strenuous thing I will have to do then is raising my arm to lift my wineglass to my lips while I sit on the verandah, watching the kids swim while their auntie who is travelling 6000 miles to see them babysits. :D

YOU GO GIRL! (That was SO Vintage.) :)

That's what you need post vacation preparation! Their auntie must be a real treasure. Does she have wine once they're all tucked in? It sounds like a swell three days.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by PA Dancer
This has been a week of change. I am feeling inspired and energetic and feeling like I need something new going on in my life, but I don't know what that something new is.

Just remember that old saying, "A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle."

Originally posted by PA Dancer
I am quitting smoking again. (and again, and again) So far so good. Wish me luck.

GOOD LUCK!
Both my great aunt (90 this year) and my mom (85 this year) quit cold turkey in their 80's. :eusa_clap
Don't wait that long!
You can do it! Just put your mind to it!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking forward to a lovely day. PA Dancer, send some cool air my way. :)

Kishtu

Practically Family
Congratulations Spitfire. You must be so excited. (I don't think I'd have slept since, if it was me.)

I've been having a "Pay It Forward" day today. Strolled into my favourite charity shop, where I got armfuls of goodies. Chap behind the counter chatting away to me about how he used to breed Welsh ponies, and how his lovely old mare is now 36 and he is struggling with the decision to have her put to sleep - you can imagine the chat. I get my armful of goodies to the till. He looks at the tweed jacket. Can't read the price ticket. £6, I say. You're not paying that! he says. £5. For everything.

Struggling out with my goodies, I go to buy something for dinner in the market, and see an elderly gentleman with a walking stick struggling to pick up some bags at the fish stall. So I go to help him pick them up. At which point the bag he's got splits and there goes the fish he's just bought, so I end up taking all my stuff out of the carrier bag I'd just got, and stuffing it into a shoulder bag, so that he could have the carrier bag. Net thing I know I'm carrying his bags to the taxi rank for him, a good quarter mile out of my way, and I still haven't got anything for our dinner :)

Ah well, no doubt I shall get my reward in heaven (although I had a horrible feeling at one point he was going to try and tip me!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy