Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket Lining Question

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I'd like to buy some cotton drill fabric (such as Aero use) to have an old jacket relined.

Does anyone know what specifically I'm asking for? Is it called 10 oz plain weave, cotton drill, or similar? Is there a preferred company that makes this fabric?

I'm trying to source it here or via the net.

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I've written to Aero to ask what they use. I'm surprised no one seems to know any more about this almost ubiquitous lining material.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Seb, you might ask Aero if they would consider selling you enough cotton drill material for you to have the jacket relined. They might not be inclined to reveal their source of raw materials to anyone. I can vouch that their cotton drill is superior to any other lining I have seen in regards to appearance, feel , and durability.

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
Is it possible to send a non-aero jacket to aero to be be re-lined with their in house lining?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^I'd be interested to know that too. I think Vanson may use something similar.

The Bootlegger in Avaitar is lined in Olive Cotton Drill, and one of the 30's HB (the Steerhide one in Black) is also lined in Cotton Drill. I really like that lining the best as well.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Cotton drill = cotton twill. 10 oz is a pretty heavy fabric for lining, about in line with mid weight khaki pants I would think. This place might have some intfo for you, https://www.fabricsplus.com.au/Products.aspx?CatID=508 .

Michael

Thanks Michael - I appreciate the assistance. Curiously my cotton work shirts are 11 oz or 311 gsm cotton drill - they seem lighter and thinner than Aero lining. I would guess the lining drill is 12 oz but it may just feel different as a shirt.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21