Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Langlitz Lovers, what did I find??

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I found this at GoodWill today. It fits perfect, no scratches or tears in the lining or hide. Pretty sure it's goat with a heavy duty Talon zip. I'm not that familiar with their products so any info on it's style or make and original cost would be appreciated. It's has some insulation between the liniing and hide so I'm guessing it was made as a motorcycle jacket. It has really heavy duty knits with no nips or holes. Two inside pockets one is zipped. Was made in 2000. A great find.
RSCN0646.jpg

RSCN0645.jpg

DSCN0644.jpg

fedoralover

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I was surprised at how it looked on me in the pic (a little big), because it doesn't feel like it when I put it on, but then I thought it's probably because of the extra padding for insulation. In fact when I zip it up it is tight against my chest. You being from Portland you are probably familiar with Langlitz, ever been to their store?
BTW, I'm from Eugene.

fedoralover

dr.velociraptor

One of the Regulars
That is a good find at a Goodwill, but I just don't get Langlitz at all. For example this is a wallet listed at $140.00, can someone enlighten me? I have little doubt I could sew a similar wallet out of leather scraps and it would come out basically the same:

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
But yours wouldn't have that label that says "Langlitz Leathers". And as we all know that changes everything.

Here's another shot that shows the color of the leather better. The other ones look washed out because of the sun.

DSCN0647.jpg

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
That's bragging rights for all time.

Enjoy!

For $26.95 you are probably right.

I also want to add, I've never seen a Langlitz jacket before and the quality and workmanship is fantastic. This is definitely a jacket made to last for a very long time. Whoever bought this one didn't even break it in.

fedoralover

Last edited:

CodeRed

One of the Regulars
You scored, like they said though it looks too big on you so let me do you a favor and I'll take it off you hands for what you paid for it...BTW, I like that wallet too.

Last edited:

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Langlitz is considered a premium US maker of leather jackets - they are based up here in Portland, OR. Brand new, their jackets generally cost around $800 - $1000 and up, so you definitely got a pretty amazing bargain.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
That is a good find at a Goodwill, but I just don't get Langlitz at all. For example this is a wallet listed at $140.00, can someone enlighten me? I have little doubt I could sew a similar wallet out of leather scraps and it would come out basically the same:

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I'm willing to bet that's a fake. Looks rather crudely made to be priced at $140. Someone lifted a Langlitz label from another item and schlepped it onto a do it yourself craft store wallet? And they didn't even put it on straight!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
That was my first impression of it. But didn't the Fonz jacket have epaulettes?? This one doesn't and the Langlitz website is under construction at the moment so I can't log on and find any information on it.

You're right about the epaulettes, I forgot. Anyway, it's a lovely jacket from a great maker.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Just off the phone with Langlitz, they said this jacket with it being goat with insulate lining and an extra zipped pocket on the inside would cost $985 today. Needless to say I'm a happy camper.

fedoralover

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo