Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new aero mulligan

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
This week I just received my new Aero Mulligan that has been on order for the past six months. The only changes that I made from the stock Mulligan was to eliminate the left chest flap pocket and to go with cotton drill body and sleeve lining rather than all wool British herringbone Tweed since I live in Texas.

Originally I had thought I'd go with another Pioneer in a different skin and color but decided to go with the Mulligan since I can dress up or down better than with the Pioneer. In fact I wore the new Mulligan to work today with my Bill's Bullard Khakis & dress blue shirt with tie. The seal brown MWHH Mulligan is noticeably lighter in weight than my FQHH Teamster, and the Mulligan fits differently than my Teamster, and especially differently than my Pioneer. With my stick like build, the 30's slim fit style with higher, smaller arms and slimmer body seems to fit my body build well, whereas both my Teamster and Pioneer seem to be designed with a much fuller cut in the arms and body.

As a point of reference, I am 6'2" tall and weigh 180-185 lbs and have a 42" chest and 37" waist. My Mulligan is a size 42 and has 27.25" sleeves and 27" body.

wanz

One of the Regulars
Fantastic jacket. I like the clean look with the deletion of the chest pocket... and it was nice of the weather to turn so you could get some wear out of it this week!

Absolutely outstanding jacket and a fit one could only hope for! I am always amazed how Aero manages to make these more straightforward styles look so incredibly spectacular. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful jacket by itself but with Aero, you can tell this piece is something alright...

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
That looks real nice, Fanch. Works well with a tie, too. It is nice seeing a different leather from Aero. The brown FQHH is awesome, but a lighter weight skin is a great alternative.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Looks very sharp! I agree that the style is great for dressing bot hip and down and it looks like a great fit on you.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the replies guys. I failed to mention the similarity between the Mulligan and the Maxwell. I think that both are based on the 30's slim fit design, and if you substitute the lower flap pockets of the Mulligan for hand warmer pockets of the Maxwell, the two are virtually the same.

Mulligan below:

Dr. Seuss's Maxwell below.
P3250017-1.jpg

P3250016.jpg

Dr. Seuss and I both used cotton drill linings, although Dr. Seuss retained the left upper pocket. The Mulligan is seal (dark brown) MWHH whereas the Maxwell is brown FQHH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21