Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Negative Reactions?

Randal

Familiar Face
"Who are you supposed to be?"

The other day I was coming home from work and I stopped to get gas. It was raining so I was wearing my black trench coat over my usual work wear (workboots, work pants, button-down work shirt, FED IV). So I'm standing there pumping gas and getting a bunch of odd looks when this woman (in her 50's?) gets out of her high-end luxury car at the pump across from mine. She looks me up and down, then with a kind of snotty attitude asks "Who are you supposed to be?". "I'm sorry?" I ask. Then she asks, "I mean who are trying to dress like?". :mad: :rage:

What are you supposed to say to someone like that? Anyone else have anything similar happen?

Bunny

New in Town
Story said:
"I'm sorry, ma'am, you're just not my type". ;)

Story, that made me laugh!

I would have been tempted to say something rude, but my inclination towards being ladylike would have likely prompted me to ignore her.

What did you say back may I ask?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Say something to stop them in their tracks. For example:

"I used to be a woman."

"I'm a Mormon Scientologist, isn't it obvious?"

"Say, you one of them lipstick lesbians? You look like one."

And to make her run away fast, say:

"I'm a Jehovah's Witness. Let me give you some pamphlets ..."

Bunny

New in Town
donCarlos said:
I get this a lot.
When I´m going somewhere with my friends, they often tell me "...and wear something normal please, T-shirt and jeans..." My response is always the same "I will not. Nobody would notice me and I would look as bad as you".

Yes, I´m a narcist and it helps me a lot :)

I often get this from my friends. You're comment made me laugh!!!

And I'm definatly telling my friends this next time we go out!!!

Thanks!!

Bourbon Guy

A-List Customer
Randal said:
The other day I was coming home from work and I stopped to get gas. It was raining so I was wearing my black trench coat over my usual work wear (workboots, work pants, button-down work shirt, FED IV). So I'm standing there pumping gas and getting a bunch of odd looks when this woman (in her 50's?) gets out of her high-end luxury car at the pump across from mine. She looks me up and down, then with a kind of snotty attitude asks "Who are you supposed to be?". "I'm sorry?" I ask. Then she asks, "I mean who are trying to dress like?". :mad: :rage:

What are you supposed to say to someone like that? Anyone else have anything similar happen?

Oh, man. "Youth is wasted on the young." She got out of her car to approach you , and then spoke first? She was coming on to you , Randal! A cougar on the prowl. Don't you watch the old movies with the insulting banter? You must have looked good to her, and you gotta come up with some responses before the next time. I can't help you. Maybe no one can. You must adopt the attitude that anything a woman says to you is a come on, because it probably is. Work on it.;)

Foofoogal

Banned
I think so also Bourbon Guy. My first thought was she was trying to open a dialogue with him and was truly trying to figure out if he was trying to emulate some famous star or something to flatter him or generally interested. [huh]

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I've had that before!

In your case, maybe you should've just stated your full name and perhaps she would've been flustered as if she SHOULD know who that is, lol!

Randal said:

Kermez

A-List Customer
Miss 1929 said:
I have always wondered why this thread:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=10192

Is in the Powder Room and not here in the Observation Bar where the guys could get in on it.

Welcome to the conversation, gentlemen. As you can see, the ladies of the Lounge have been discussing this topic for the past two years.

Can a Bartender merge?

The Powder Room? What's that? Must be Ladies Only... :D

Randal

Familiar Face
Bunny said:
What did you say back may I ask?
I said nothing. I just gave her an unamused look as I finished pumping gas. About a million things went through my head, but I'm trying to be not as rude as most people my age (27), so I said nothing. [huh]

Kermez

A-List Customer
Randal said:
I said nothing. I just gave her an unamused look as I finished pumping gas. About a million things went through my head, but I'm trying to be not as rude as most people my age (27), so I said nothing. [huh]

Sorry, but the correct answer is:

resortes805 said:
a stiff left hook

Dames like tough guys who know how to handle themselves in bad situations. (See Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid. ) :D

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Showed up to a advertising awardshow once wearing tux.

Most of the other men - trying hard to look casual and "I really don't care for this". While many of the ladies attending were in their best.
One guy I know came up to me and asked:
"Hey, you are really dressed up, huh?"
I answered him:
"Yes - and I do get a lot of sex tonight!"
;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo