Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Cooper jacket

Jerekson

One Too Many
I picked this up a few weeks ago. Not sure of the age.
I'm hoping the color will darken up with wear. Any idea how to speed up the process?
What are your gents' thoughts?

Jacket_2.png

Jacket_1.png

Jacket_4.png

Jacket_5.png

Jacket_3.png

Jacket_6.png

I must admit..when I saw the title of this thread..I though,oh well...another Cooper....But..what a stylish jacket..and sharp fit! I do like it!
Trying to darken that shade of leather might be rather difficult. Jackets that I've owned in that color have tended to have a somewhat heavy finish that may not take to an even re-finishing. I think with wear it will get a more burnished or antiqued appearance. That color isn't as common as it once was....but that gives it a more unique look as well. I wouldn't do a thing to it..but wear it proudly! looks quite good,my man!
HD

Jerekson

One Too Many
Thanks, HD! I think I'm starting to get used to the color.

It may sound silly, but I started experimenting with taking the chest pockets off. They would come off very easily since they are externally sewn on - but it looks like the stitches would leave some nasty holes in the leather.
Is it worth it? Or would that be taking it too far?

Well...the stitch holes would definately show. I think the jacket..the way it is...has more of a 30's-40's look to it...than the more gawdy 80's "fashion" look...even with the pocket setup. It just looks styled very nicely to me. If it were mine...I wouldn't change a thing.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Originally I sort of thought the opposite - I thought the extra pockets gave it more of a modern look and less of 30's. but I've been wrong before - especially about leather jackets.

I think I'll take your advice. Thanks HD.

kschurch

Vendor
Nice jacket!

Hey Jerekson,

I agree that you should leave the jacket as is. It is really sharp looking. I find that a lot of vintage pieces I come across are simply too small for me to consider. Being of slight build, you are fortunate that you can wear the smaller sizes that seem to be prevelant in vintage clothes. Plus you always look great in them!

Good job on the find!

Cheers,

Church

Jerekson

One Too Many
Thanks guys.

I figured as much as to the date, due to the low armholes and the lining.
I still think it has more of a 30's look though - at least to the untrained eye. What do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy