Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Headwind A1

xmr

One of the Regulars
So, here it is. After a long wait and serious problems on Jay's side (the button hole machine broke down, leather wasn't arriving, knits were out etc) I present my new A1 made from his new antique capeskin:

It still has no button holes - these are being added in the states I think. I just hope the colour difference on the right sleeve above the knits isn't as drastic as it looks. Can't wait to get it :)

And I hope it fits - during the waiting time I changed my measurements about 1000 times...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
May just be the camera flash causing the difference. I'm slightly surprised that it's taken so long to see one of these for the first time. We've been reading about Headway for, what is it, a year? Look forward to the final fit pics!

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I'm looking forward to fit pictures! I have one ordered, too, six weeks out of the 12 weeks waiting time have passed and I'm looking forward to receiving it.

What did you change about the measurements? I ordered one size up because the 40 seemed too tight for my taste (21.5" pit to pit) and added 0.5" of bodylength and that's all measurement-wise.

xmr

One of the Regulars
Pretty every measurement was changed. Between 40 and 42 with added sleeve length.

Deacon211

One Too Many
Looking good! My Headwinds is a little tight, but a nice looking jacket. I do think that there are some manufacturing shortfalls that he will need to squash before he can really move forward at full speed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xmr

One of the Regulars
Need.more.info [emoji6]

Which shortcomings in particular? The shop fucked up the bottom knit a bit but Jay will send a teplacement aling and he'll pay for the exchange so I'm fine with this.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
What shortcomings? Please let me know in time so I can see with Jay things go smooth with me. Shipping back and forth over the ocean is a pain in the ass.

Deacon211

One Too Many
Well, the first jacket I had was substantially smaller in the chest than the stated pit to pit measurement. Even understanding that these jackets fit differently than the G-1s I'm accustomed to, the fit was very tight.

On the second jacket, one button hole had been sewn too close to the opening and the stitching began to unravel in a few months.

I think Jay probably had some words with whomever makes his jackets about QA. Probably an inevitable problem when you are trying to get a clothing line started.

Jay addressed both issues in the end so no harm, no foul. But obviously in a perfect world, the jacket comes out in standard sizes and with a standard quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR