Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I lengthened the bolero to jacket length, which goes much better with separates.
4775005196_35c0154486.jpg

4775005418_7a87ea10f2.jpg

4775005072_499f6b62e1.jpg

4691071537_5afc837869.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ooh! Kamikat, that's adorable!! Love the patterns, too :)

I just finished my shirtwaist dress. Yay! I am pretty happy I remembered to cut the sleeves to match my stripes with the bodice :) More on this project on my blog.
stripedress1.jpg

stripedress2.jpg

Lauren

Thanks, gals! Yup, is a once piece dress. I had the pattern for YEARS and thought all this time it was a suit, which is probably why I put off making it lol Go figure it was a dress all along!

SayCici

Practically Family
Lauren! That has to be one of my favorite projects of yours now, I love the colors and stripes and buttons and everything about it!

kamikat - excellent! It looks great!

SheBear74

Practically Family
Lauren said:
Ooh! Kamikat, that's adorable!! Love the patterns, too :)

I just finished my shirtwaist dress. Yay! I am pretty happy I remembered to cut the sleeves to match my stripes with the bodice :) More on this project on my blog.
stripedress1.jpg

stripedress2.jpg

That is a beautiful dress!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
That suit is lovley Salsanadia. I am not sure if I will ever get brave enough to attempt a suit.

Cute outfit Kamikat. I too love the blouse.

I love your dress Lauren. My mom saw it and she was super impressed.

Lauren

Yay! Thanks, gals!
Swingal, I totally admit that I'm really irritated when I make something up and it doesn't look like the cover. lol I was just telling my husband last night that one of the reason I love McCall patterns so much is because they nearly always look the way the illustration shows them to be!

Idledame

Practically Family
I've found (the hard way of course) that fabric choice is soooo important in making a garment look like the pattern picture. To get just the right drape and such. I think that besides incredible sewing skills Lauren, you really are good at finding the right type of fabric for your patterns. That dress is so pretty, so summery and so perfect!

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
Lauren said:
Lauren i have to say when i saw this on your blog i thought you bought it off etsy or some such at first glance, its just beautiful and perfect.
Salsanadia said:
I have made a suit.

20a82467b0c1509d2bf157ae647c4b4c_l.jpg

img_5641.jpg
That suit oh my! Did you make the hat as well? And did you resize the pattern? It dosen't really look like a 32 bust, maybe i've had vintage patterns wrong all this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana