Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
kamikat said:
4897758047_68a0d8a431.jpg

3003480720_b8132bd055.jpg

Love it! Boy - you are an amazing seamstress!

X
BD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Claireg said:
Kami Kat... Awesome, how long did it take you to do all those buttons???
i will post a close up of my dress soon
I have a Pfaff that does one step buttonholes. You just enter the size you want the buttonhole, then it does all the rest. Even with that, it took 2 hours to measure the placement, do the buttonholes and sew the buttons. My machine sews the buttons on, too.

BoPeep

Practically Family
Swinggal - you've inspired me to dig out my wool. With the drop in humidity up here, it feels like fall already! Lovely trousers!

Kamikat - love those bust darts. They're spot on! I think this one is my favorite of yours so far.

This is a little sundress I made last month. 1950s pattern with a side zip. Easy and comfortable. I'll be making this in wool too!

bluedress.jpg

Crafty Doll

Familiar Face
BoPeep said:
Swinggal - you've inspired me to dig out my wool. With the drop in humidity up here, it feels like fall already! Lovely trousers!

Kamikat - love those bust darts. They're spot on! I think this one is my favorite of yours so far.

This is a little sundress I made last month. 1950s pattern with a side zip. Easy and comfortable. I'll be making this in wool too!

bluedress.jpg

Pretty dress!

swinggal

One Too Many
Everything that everyone has made here is so lovely. I finished my jeans but I think the denim I used was maybe too thin. They didn't turn out as well as the grey trousers. Will post tomorrow.

Crafty Doll

Familiar Face
kamikat said:
Here's my new skirt! My pattern is a 26in waist, so the grading was a major undertaking but I'm thrilled with the results.
4853622512_66d8a9a9d2.jpg

I absolutely adore your skirt. Love the waist on this!

*Edited to say that I adore your top also! The tiki print is just too cute. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it from? I'd love to buy a top just like yours!

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Kami, that blue dress is GORGEOUS!!! And the nicest cut I've seen in ages, really suits you!
May I ask is your PFAFF new as I'm in the market for a new machine and looking for reccomendations,
Kate

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Kitty_Sheridan said:
Kami, that blue dress is GORGEOUS!!! And the nicest cut I've seen in ages, really suits you!
May I ask is your PFAFF new as I'm in the market for a new machine and looking for reccomendations,
Kate
I got my Pfaff in the late 90's. While I LOVE mine, I can't really recommend a new one. The year after I bought mine, the company was bought out. I don't know if the quality has been maintained. However, I do have a non-computerized, Pfaff that I bought as a back-up machine in about 2006 that I do think it great for a non-computerized machine. I also have a Janome serger and used to own a Janome machine, but highly recommended. The one machine that I have and hate is my BabyLock Ellageo (2007or 2008). It's not very reliable at all and I know see it as a waste of a lot of money.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
i heart vintage said:
I absolutely adore your skirt. Love the waist on this!

*Edited to say that I adore your top also! The tiki print is just too cute. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it from? I'd love to buy a top just like yours!
I got the tiki print fabric at www.fabric.com.

SheBear74

Practically Family
Made a quick little skirt, nothing fancy, but I love the fabric :) The bottom one is one of the swim dresses I made. I was taking it out for a test run so I wore a suit underneath lol I am actually really happy with it, I kept up with my almost 3 year old with out giving anyone an unwanted show ;)

45569_1569013512052_1436903181_1532641_3869168_n.jpg

UrsulONBEACH.jpg

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
kamikat said:
I got my Pfaff in the late 90's. While I LOVE mine, I can't really recommend a new one. The year after I bought mine, the company was bought out. I don't know if the quality has been maintained. However, I do have a non-computerized, Pfaff that I bought as a back-up machine in about 2006 that I do think it great for a non-computerized machine. I also have a Janome serger and used to own a Janome machine, but highly recommended. The one machine that I have and hate is my BabyLock Ellageo (2007or 2008). It's not very reliable at all and I know see it as a waste of a lot of money.

Really? I have a babylock and absolutely love it. It's brand new though and a different model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner