Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
I guess this counts as a wearable muslin. It's vintage Simplicity 2575 and its the bolero jacket. I lengthed it to make it a shirt. The only problem I ran into was that it gaped a bit at the bust (which is always a problem for me) but it didn't gape that much so my duct tape dummy did help! (she must be smaller in the bust, I'll have to remeasure)

So with this shirt I just went ahead and sewed it down in the middle and called it done.

Vintage Simplicity 2575 by christi.adell, on Flickr

Definitely wearable, if not a bit, well, boring and office-y. I've had this fabric for ages and made nothing with it for exactly that reason! :)

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
Christi.adell said:
I guess this counts as a wearable muslin. It's vintage Simplicity 2575 and its the bolero jacket. I lengthed it to make it a shirt. The only problem I ran into was that it gaped a bit at the bust (which is always a problem for me) but it didn't gape that much so my duct tape dummy did help! (she must be smaller in the bust, I'll have to remeasure)

So with this shirt I just went ahead and sewed it down in the middle and called it done.

Vintage Simplicity 2575 by christi.adell, on Flickr

Definitely wearable, if not a bit, well, boring and office-y. I've had this fabric for ages and made nothing with it for exactly that reason! :)
Cute! I've been wanting one like that but with the button placket off to one side. Since you sewed the front closed did you add a zipper or is it now just a pull-over?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I just finished this dress from a 30s NRA era pattern :) More about it here.
deco01.jpg

Marla

A-List Customer
Lauren said:
deco01.jpg

Lovely, lovely, Lauren,! I love the period-perfect look on you. :eusa_clap Hats off to you for being such a speedy seamstress!

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
hailey greenhat said:
Cute! I've been wanting one like that but with the button placket off to one side. Since you sewed the front closed did you add a zipper or is it now just a pull-over?

Thanks, it pulls over. I did the big boob fix which is what I do to most RTW shirts that button up all the way but gape in the middle. Just sew up the offending buttons and leave the rest free, that way it still goes over my head.

Lauren - Great dress! I'm really loving those shoes.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Lauren said:
deco01.jpg

Whoa. Another amazing work of art!!

All you ladies have been creating amazing works of art!! :eusa_clap I'm actually making something right now. :eek:

SheBear74

Practically Family
Just love coming on here and seeing all the beautiful outfits! Very inspiring ;) I have been volunteering at my son's high school fitting the marching band uniforms, by hand! lol Lots of hemming and sewing ripped crotch areas (you would think they do cart wheels in them lol) At the last football game I decided to make my youngest a shirt that matches the mascot, a shark. Then my husband said he wanted one too so they now have matching shirts for the football games. :D Just have to add buttons and I am done!

46147_1585185836350_1436903181_1581741_1389697_n1.jpg

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
SheBear74 said:
Just love coming on here and seeing all the beautiful outfits! Very inspiring ;) I have been volunteering at my son's high school fitting the marching band uniforms, by hand! lol Lots of hemming and sewing ripped crotch areas (you would think they do cart wheels in them lol) At the last football game I decided to make my youngest a shirt that matches the mascot, a shark. Then my husband said he wanted one too so they now have matching shirts for the football games. :D Just have to add buttons and I am done!

As a former band member I can say that you'd be shocked what is done in those uniforms!! They might just have done cartwheels in them!!!

Love the shirts, they will have style for the football games!!!

Puzzicato

One Too Many
SheBear74 said:

I am sure the football team would be offended - but what adorable widdle sharkies! Those shirts are so great!

BoPeep

Practically Family
Congrats on finishing your first project! :eusa_clap You should be smiling in that photo! lol Looks like a pretty floral fabric.

Kate O Potato said:

SheBear - now I'm tempted to make matching shirts for my "boys" (they'd be about the same sizes as the two you've made). My hubby's never been crazy about bowling shirts, but I've seen cute pin-up fabric that may change his mind.

Miss_Becky

Familiar Face
Wedding Dress is coming together, there are a few things I have to fix (but if you can't see them, I won't tell you what they are! LOL) I just have to put in the back zipper, sew the hem and steam it. OH! and I am also going to make a petticoat for it, so it's going to be huge and fluffy and fan-1950's-tastic!

.....the picture is huge, sorry!!! :(

S6300548.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats