Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

vampygirl13

One of the Regulars
Well I shouldn't be buying anything, but some stressful days at work have made me shop! ;)

Got this dress from Etsy--will be cute for spring:

il_430xN.88297310.jpg

And this skirt for fun! Not sure if it's work appropriate but still love it

il_430xN.126121039.jpg

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
deadpandiva said:
1d36864d68c2.jpg

This pic is quite blurry. I am wondering what era this is. I think it's after 1941 but still 1940's but I don't know much about sweaters. I hope we get at least one more cool day so I can wear it before next year.

I have patterns with frills like this dating from around the mid 1940's mark (maybe a tad later too) mind you date wise -fashions here in the uk differ slightly. Really cute though and a lovely colour to boot- what more can you ask for in a jumper!:rolleyes:

tups xxx

SugarKitten

One of the Regulars
deadpandiva That top is super cute!

I went to goodwill to find a cardi to try the tutorial on remaking a cardigan. No sweat, I thought, and instead of finding one that needed some remaking, I found this!

Iphone052.jpg

Iphone053.jpg

It's missing exactly one pearl and it's actually a light camel color (it shows up six different colors in the pics.) I have no idea on the label, any guesses? I have not yet called my mom to hear how Best & co fit in the New York shopping landscape.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Wow, SugarKitten- love the applique and pearls on that sweater! So unique and dainty. Very pretty.

Just got this adorable little 30s sweater in the mail. Fits like a dream! So excited, cause I usually don't see this type of thing outside of catalogs!
30ssweater.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Best and Co was pretty high class stuff. I've seen a lot of ads of theirs in old Vogue magazines. Probably equivalent to Bloomies today.

SugarKitten

One of the Regulars
Lauren, I love the tie! the top is adorable, but now you have to romp in a grassy field with an old fashioned tennis racket! Do you have something specific in mind to pair with it?

"Dainty" is usually not my thing, but I'm hoping the cardi stays on the fun, and not the 'grandma' side of things.

deadpandiva, Goodwill is the second largest contributor to my wardrobe, right behind Tulle's sale days. (Does anyone else shop there? www.tulle4us.com ?)) I have a lot of 4 dollar tops/7 dollar dresses.) I guess there are a lot of people who goodwill old Granny's stuff around here in CT, and I take full advantage! There was a 'Bergdorf Miss' black wool dress too, but on it looked much more 80's. I'll grab a pic if anyone wants to see, I think it was 10$

Jirina

New in Town
deadpandiva said:
1d36864d68c2.jpg

This pic is quite blurry. I am wondering what era this is. I think it's after 1941 but still 1940's but I don't know much about sweaters. I hope we get at least one more cool day so I can wear it before next year.

Great find!
Reminds me little bit of finnish desingers Minna Parikka Marina red-pink cardigan :)

15122009032630_18_2_big.jpg

Jirina

New in Town
Here's my recent find from the flea market. The dress is originally from Denmark and it's from the 1930's.
It cost only 9€.

img0044jr.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk