Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Tattoos

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
No way can I compete with Mike's fabulous work!!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I have 6 tattoos and this one is my favourite:

L1010748.jpg

She still needs a touch up (where is the time!), but I still wear her with pride. I call her Marie Prevost, but it could be any silent baby star!

mike

Call Me a Cab
Amy Jeanne said:
No way can I compete with Mike's fabulous work!!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

L1010748.jpg

She still needs a touch up (where is the time!), but I still wear her with pride. I call her Marie Prevost, but it could be any silent baby star!

I think that's great! Who did it? Karel Mato, the guy that did my Mad Love/Mummy/Val Lewton collages works at the Philadelphia Eddie's on 4th St & Bainbridge if you're interested :)

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
I already posted this in the other thread (and got some lovely comments - thanks all) but here it comes again:
octotattoo016-1.jpg

I have 4 others. but this is the best.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
y'all got some serious ink! clean...i've been rolling around the idea of a pinup girl or billie holiday or something on my upper arm...gotta get in better shape first lol then maaaaaaybe...still rolling it around...i've read that tattoo artists do not care for customers coming in and saying "i want this exactly"...instead they like to get an idea of what the customer wants and then come up with something using their own creativness...is that true? did i make sense? lol

pgoat

One Too Many
I think it depends upon the artist, but the bottom line is it's your body, so if you don't like the sketch, or the transfer (pre-needles) walk away.

I am pretty sure most artists will want to put their stamp on a design which is not necessarily a bad thing, but again, it's your ink, so don't be afraid to speak up.

I am personally very nervous about portraits. They don't always look like the person, imo, which kinda defeats the purpose. When it does work, it;s amazing......I saw some guy a few weeks ago with a portrait of Charlie Parker on his leg - and it was unreal. Even better - it was from a rarely seen shot of Bird in very casual clothes. I wanted to ask this guy who/where it was done, but didn't get the chance (I was working)

pgoat

One Too Many
i_am_the_scruff said:
I already posted this in the other thread (and got some lovely comments - thanks all) but here it comes again:
octotattoo016-1.jpg

I have 4 others. but this is the best.
They really did do a great job morphing the two pieces. Looks great!

RIOT

Practically Family
Best I could do right now with my laptop's camera. It's from my upper right arm, part of it. I wanted a mix of both goodluck and badluck charms. Work done by a good friend of mine, Civ from Lotus Tattoos in Sayville, NY.

joetat2.jpg

ortega76

Practically Family
Previously posted.

IMG_1294.jpg

Gryphon on my right leg.

IMG_1293.jpg

Sugar skull on my right arm.

PICT0052-1.jpg

My wife's name on my back. Yeah, I know all about the curse. Excuse the crappy quality of the photo.

2aa82501.jpg

A frowning sun on my right arm.

I have some kanji on my arm and an Our Lady of Guadalupe on my ribs.

Riot I *love* your tatts!! both you & Amy JEanne have the kinda style that I'm going for with mine, well, eventually when I have enough pennies to go back anyway. I had my sleeves started in September 2006, and I haven't had the money to go back lol

SamMarlow; I designed all my tattoos, but the tattooist knows what will look good or will/won't work so they generally have a play around with the drawings I take in anyway. Though if you want the exact picture you take in you have the right to tell them, if they won't do it, you find somewhere else to go! I say trust a good tattooist anyway, they know what they're on about!

Josephine

One Too Many
I only have a pic of one of mine. I combined two pieces of flash from the same artist and changed the colors around. It's my favorite. :) I really want a vine going down my spine, but I don't think I'll ever get that. I'd like an octopus somewhere; perhaps I'll branch out to a place that's not always covered in public. :eek: ;)

jeffbartelsbutterfly2.jpg
jeffbartelssalamander2.jpg
bluegecko.jpg

Story

I'll Lock Up
Josephine said:

rofl.gif

Footnote: a friend of mine has this tattoo'd around her left bicep as a single line, in dark purple.

tolkien_onering.jpg

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Barz51

New in Town
hey all,
I'm new here but I thought I post up my first tattoo. It is kind of an homage to early hot rods. The V8 design was used by Ford in 1932, the first year of the flathead V8. The early fatheads were the first generation of hot rods. The iron cross was popular in the late 50's and early 60's and represents the last generation of hot rods before the "factory hot rod" era of the muscle car.

Anyhow, this was right after it was done. I had it re-touched later and lost a little definition around the V8.

Tattoo.jpg

EDIT: I dig the LOTR inscription above.

Crikey! It's so hard to photography your own tatoos!!

Bert & Ernie;
bertearnie.jpg

Hearts that my best friend bought me for Christmas a couple of years ago;
hearts-1.jpg

A bit of a butterfly, a work in progress, the other half is on my other arm (so when I put my wrist together it makes the whole butterfly) Unfortunately my skin is prone to eczema & I had an outbreak right after this was coloured so it needs touching up a bit. For some reason the colour is perfect, it's just the black that went wonky!;
flutterbye.jpg

This one goes all the way to my shoulder on my left arm, but it doesn't photograph very well due to the fact that it was water inked in light grey...

Here's the kinda things I'm looking at for inspiration on completing this one;
inspiration.jpg
inspiration2.jpg
inspiration3.jpg

I'm so in love witht he roses on the first one. And the animal print. Classy! Oh, I just realised you can't see the animal print properly!!! Anyway, it has animal print. Probably going to try and get some skulls & 8 balls in there somewhere too.

And finally, my first tattoo, on my back, that I aquired 8 years ago when I was 18;
stars.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Amy Jeanne said:

L1010748.jpg

I heart this tatoo!

RIOT

Practically Family
dollydaydream said:
Riot I *love* your tatts!! both you & Amy JEanne have the kinda style that I'm going for with mine, well, eventually when I have enough pennies to go back anyway. I had my sleeves started in September 2006, and I haven't had the money to go back lol

Thanks dollydaydream! I always like the traditional pieces with a modern twist to them, and color, lots of color.

One of my plans right now is to have a design piece with me always when I travel and have it done at friends tat shops or recommended shops by friends in different countries.

pgoat

One Too Many
RIOT said:
Thanks dollydaydream! I always like the traditional pieces with a modern twist to them, and color, lots of color.

One of my plans right now is to have a design piece with me always when I travel and have it done at friends tat shops or recommended shops by friends in different countries.
That's what I hope to do if I ever make it to Japan.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW