Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TFL Feedback for Fall Vanson Liners

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hello TFL,

We're putting in our orders for Brown (see photo below) Vanson jackets for the fall. We have the option of a green polka stripe (photos below) for liners. We thought it was a pretty cool green, but wanted to get feedback...any thoughts are appreciated! Hot or Not???

The jackets that we're specifying in Brown are Model Bs, Model Fs, and Gamblers...

Vanson Dark Brown PlU-3 Dark Brown 9 smaller.jpg

Vanson Green Liner 1.jpeg

Vanson Green Liner 3.jpeg

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I'm kind of indifferent about the lining.. but I am fairly indifferent about linings in general. You don't see them when wearing the jacket, so.. :D I use to always pick the lining that is the sturdiest and lasts the longest and or does not cost extra dollars. So I guess more than color, it matters to me that it's heavy duty and does not come with price increase. The green is nice though, would fit well to black leather too, maybe even better than to brown?

I am MUCH more intrigued by the brown leather itself! Did you manage to convince Vanson to restock their Mi9 or what leather/colour is this? It looks amazing!

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Hello TFL,

We're putting in our orders for Brown (see photo below) Vanson jackets for the fall. We have the option of a green polka stripe (photos below) for liners. We thought it was a pretty cool green, but wanted to get feedback...any thoughts are appreciated! Hot or Not???

The jackets that we're specifying in Brown are Model Bs, Model Fs, and Gamblers...

View attachment 74044

View attachment 74045

View attachment 74047
I'm pretty conservative and boring when it comes to lining colors/materials. I'd give the polka stripe a pass.

opiusmaximus

New in Town
This forum is definitely not the demographic you need to talk to about fashion oriented liners. Most people here probably don't care about their liners. Check with styleforum reddit malefashion etc.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks to all for the feedback. The green liner was something that Vanson had left over from a collaboration with Heineken. Not everyone here was sure about it, and some thought it ventured into Beck lining territory (see crazy original lining photos below).

Thanks again!

By the way, the below jacket, Size 42, is for sale...

Vintage Beck 1950s front smaller.jpg
Vintage Beck 1950s lining smaller.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I would still very much appreciate more info on the brown leather... I have wanted a Stadium in the Mi9 brown for quite a while, so if it is that, we have to talk!

Hi jacketjunkie,

This a chrome tanned cowhide out of California. We mostly carry Vanson Black Comp. Weight, so many haven't seen this brown. For customers who want a brown Vanson, we believe this Chrome Tanned Brown is a really good choice because it comes with a pretty good grain.

If you email us, we can send you some more photos.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Thanks to all for the feedback. The green liner was something that Vanson had left over from a collaboration with Heineken. Not everyone here was sure about it, and some thought it ventured into Beck lining territory (see crazy original lining photos below).

Thanks again!

By the way, the below jacket, Size 42, is for sale...

View attachment 74078 View attachment 74079

PM sent! Lol that liner is an aphrodisiac. Groovy.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like the green liner. It is kind of hard to tell from the first photo, because those pink pants steal the show (and not in a good way). From the close-up in the second photo it has kind of a strange vibe that I dig. I wouldn't want to pay extra for it, as others have said here, but I think it is a nice touch for a special run of jackets.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Serry that polka dot isn't for me either. I'm a little too stoic I suppose. However that Beck... :) Probably too small...

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Hi jacketjunkie,

This a chrome tanned cowhide out of California. We mostly carry Vanson Black Comp. Weight, so many haven't seen this brown. For customers who want a brown Vanson, we believe this Chrome Tanned Brown is a really good choice because it comes with a pretty good grain.

If you email us, we can send you some more photos.
Is it as heavy as the comp weight leather?

I dunno, maybe it would look okay on a jacket. I'm also really indifferent to liners. Don't really care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21