Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

That tune in your head

BJonas

One of the Regulars
Story said:
Check the online version:
http://homepages.pavilion.co.uk/glyng/necronomicon.html

Although I thought the Deep Ones were partial to singing The Yellow Submarine. :p

Thanks for that eldritch link.

By the way, the Deep Ones love Yellow Submarine, but they like Metallica's "The Thing That Should Not Be" much more. Seems Father Dagon plays a wicked air-guitar solo on that one.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"All This Time" by Sting has been stuck in my head since I got on the plane to go to Rome.
Particularly one verse "They built a wall in the temple at the edge of the empire garrison town, they lived and they died, they prayed to their G-d's but the stone G-d's did not make a sound, when their empire crumbled all that was left were the stones the workman found"
I can't think of a more perfect song to listen to while strolling through the forum and the collosium. Being that it's about Italy, it fit, but now I'm ready for a new soundtrack for my life. It is a great song though. I thought listening to some other songs on the iPod would rid this tune from my brain, but as soon as I stop listening, Sting's voice resonates through my head. Argh, make it stop!!

GOK

One Too Many
"A Pizza You" by Ray Gelato is currently mooching around my head. I like this song a lot but I don't need to be 'hearing' it constantly. Can't think of a dire one that gets stuck, although there probably is one.

flat-top

I've been singing "We Hate it When Our Friends Become Successful" by Morrissey ALL week, and I finally got a new copy of it on CD (an ex girlfriend took off with my last copy) and have literally played it about 50 times today!

Hondo

One Too Many
Everyday People

This just in... I got the early 70's funk band "Sly and The Family Stone's" Everyday People, stuck in my head!
Where have the years have gone? I also wonder how people lost the meaning in songs like this one, BTW some great horn section players in this song "Everyday People"

Sometimes I'm right then I can be wrong
My own beliefs are in my songs
A butcher, a banker, a drummer and then
Makes no difference what group I'm in
I am everyday people

There is a blue one who can't accept
The green one for living with
a black ones tryin' to be a skinny one
Different strokes for different folks
And so on and so on and scooby dooby dooby

Ooh sha sha
We gotta live together

I am no better and neither are you
We're all the same whatever we do
You love me you hate me
You know me and then
Still can't figure out the bag I'm in
I am everyday people

There is a new man
That doesn't like the short man
For being such a rich one
That will not help the poor one
And so on and so on scooby dooby dooby

Ooh sha sha
We got to live together

There is a yellow one that won't
Accept the black one
That won't accept the red one
That won't accept the white one

And so on and so on and
Scooby dooby dooby
Ooh sha sha
I am everyday people

Daisy Buchanan

Lady Day said:
'Feeling Good'
by Nina Simone :cool:

LD
Oh, I was listening to her yesterday on the iPod, this song in particular. I just love this song. It is so amazing, and incredibly well done. Everything from her flawless voice to the orchestration, which for lack of a better word is extraordinary and exciting. It really stirs up a lot of feeling, what a great piece of music. But then again, anything Nina Simone does is nothing less then fantastic.

Michaelson

One Too Many
Currently the tune stuck in my head..... 'I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas!'. Yep, I've sunk pretty low.:rolleyes: [huh] ;)

Regards! Michaelson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari