Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Antipodean thread

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
It was a great episode of The Collectors - (but I'm a bit biased) and was very privlidged that Nicole shared her moment in the sun with me. (yes that was me in the swimsuits.)
I'll have a review of Nicole's Love Vintage book on the blog this week, along with a podcast interview. I'll post a link as soon as it is live. :)

Mojito

One Too Many
Wonderful episode! Caught it at my friend's house, and between Nicole's commentary and your modelling, it was a gorgeous segment on vintage swimwear!

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"I went to Luncheon today at a lovely restaurant in Bay View Terrace, Claremont, and on leaving ran in to a chap in a Solar Topee and Khaki shorts and shirt, twirling a cane, and complementing other Hat wearers, is it an FL Chapie?, I would have run back and asked him and taken a photograph, but I was with Mother, and she hates any kind of a fuss"

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Christmas Down Under- Jingle Bells Aussie Version

Aussie Jingle Bells
Brought to you by Jaybee's Entertainment!

Dashing through the bush
In a rusty Holden Ute
Kicking up the dust
Esky in the boot
Kelpie by my side
Singing Christmas songs
It's summer time and I am in
My singlet, shorts & thongs
CHORUS:
OH, JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE BELLS
JINGLE ALL THE WAY
CHRISTMAS IN AUSTRALIA
ON A SCORCHING SUMMER'S DAY
JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE BELLS
CHRISTMAS TIME IS BEAUT
OH WHAT FUN IT IS TO RIDE
IN A RUSTY HOLDEN UTE

Engine's getting hot
Dodge the kangaroos
Swaggy climbs aboard
He is welcome too
All the family is there
Sitting by the pool
Christmas day, the Aussie way
By the barbecue!

CHORUS

Come the afternoon
Grandpa has a doze
The kids and uncle Bruce
Are swimming in their clothes
The time comes round to go
We take a family snap
Then pack the car and all shoot through
Before the washing up

CHORUS

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
This looks like alot of fun - if any Loungers are in Sydney early January, you might want to see this....

Psycho with Orchestra
In this Australian premiere a specially cut digital print of the movie plays on a Big Screen in the Opera House Concert Hall with Herrmann’s magnificent score performed live by the specially assembled all strings Sydney Lyric Orchestra.

http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/whatson/psycho_with_orchestra.aspx

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Thanks Bettie.

Unfortunately Australia Day commemorates the arrival of the first fleet in 1788 and to be honest I feel uncomfortable celebrating the invasion of a populated country & the resulting genocide of the indigenous people. If we want this to be a true celebration of our Nation, I really think we should pick another day (Federation Day perhaps).

Anyway happy Australia Day, let's face it, it's a good excuse to have a day off, start drinking before midday & having a BBQ.

cupcake

Familiar Face
I've read a few articles in the paper which say many people are calling for australia day to be changed to "invasion day". Myself and my peers already view it as such. If not invasion day then "be a complete bogan by getting incredibly drunk, punching a stranger out and defiling our flag by wearing it in the form of boxer shorts, thongs, bikinis and wearing it as capes"

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
cupcake said:
I've read a few articles in the paper which say many people are calling for australia day to be changed to "invasion day". Myself and my peers already view it as such. If not invasion day then "be a complete bogan by getting incredibly drunk, punching a stranger out and defiling our flag by wearing it in the form of boxer shorts, thongs, bikinis and wearing it as capes"

australia_day_fireworks_perth.jpg

"Swan River City foreshore is the last place I would want to be tonight there has been uproar in the last few weeks about the banning of Alcohol, but if you have the $$$ you can sip champers in a corporate box, its all very "Bread and Circus" there is bound to be a photo in the paper of someone who has been hit in the face with a broken bottle!"

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I can understand the uncomfortable connotation of celebrating today. There's a similar uneasiness in NZ with Waitangi Day.

The sun is shining here in Melbourne and we are expecting 30 Celsius. My wife and I are throwing a barbie for some friends, which should be mighty relaxing.

Wherever you are in Oz I wish all here a wonderful day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn