Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Got these yesterday at a local flea market, two 8 panels and a beret(I'll put it it the correct thread soon)
ir455v.jpg

The beret is a little faded? though it may be ingrained dust? anyway its in otherwise vgc with no moth nips etc and fits well, also made from a heavy quality wool felt I think, the othe two caps are both in wool/wool mix?
This one is in very good condition having little wear;
35hgsg4.jpg
nfjzm8.jpg
2j348z5.jpg

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
The other is probably a bit earlier and has more wear and afew light stains(though I have now carefully 'handwashed' them out ...hopefully!), this one seemed to sit funny and was a bit mishapen then I found out someone had stitched the side down on it! so I unpicked it and it appears better, I'll put some more pics up when it dries and I have defuzzed it;
eqcgtu.jpg
2ykxu2u.jpg
2q1gr4h.jpg
colour is closest to three above pictures
2mesjs3.jpg

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Got these two Retro Sports today from Seabass, El Che.

Img_120227131608.jpg

Img_120227131752.jpg

These are great! Thanks Che!
If anyone here orders these hats remember that they come large, so order one size smaller.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Johnny J
They look great on you ! Im glad they fit & you wear em well !

These do run big by 1 size for US sizing so if ordering from USA order 1 size smaller.
these would be perfect if the seller added a leather sweatband which I & Johnny J did suggest to the seller.
and maybe 1/4 of a inch. more in rear height. & they would have a great side profile..
Also the seller is new to ebay so be patient, They are coming from France.
I now have 8 Retro-Sport caps,
I also have 2 Mr. Freedom caps which are the same 8 point style But those are the creme-de-la-creme & big $.
these are a good option verses the krazy prices for a vintage cap.
Any way,,,i will repost this clip... This was my story before i could afford a decent cap.
& now my Mom Dosent have to worry about any missing Kittys......
enjoy this clip & Thank you Johnny J
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-7j3wffdhs&feature=related

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Hey Che, what color is the other Mister Freedom you got? Can you post a pic?

Johnny J
I have the light brown herringbone That you tried on in the store
& I have the Black slubby. I went to Mr Freedom when i went to the MyFreedam Inspirationvintage show on the Queen Mary.
I was wearing my Horsehide Mr freedom 6 panel cap at the vintage show the Japanese rockabillys were tripping heavy on the cap
& later i went to a show on the observation bar On the Queen Mary & wore my Herringbone cap,
My cousin from LA his band was playing (the jennifer Keith Quartett)My cousin Mando from Royal Crown Revue went nuts when he saw the cap
I met some young FL folks dressed to Kill & dancing swing......
The queen mary was a perfect place to wear the caps,,,,,,,,Pics to come as soon as i get a good camera & maybe you can post em for me im old skool & cant still figure out how to post....

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Johnny J
They look great on you ! Im glad they fit & you wear em well !

These do run big by 1 size for US sizing so if ordering from USA order 1 size smaller.
these would be perfect if the seller added a leather sweatband which I & Johnny J did suggest to the seller.
and maybe 1/4 of a inch. more in rear height. & they would have a great side profile..
Also the seller is new to ebay so be patient, They are coming from France.
I now have 8 Retro-Sport caps,
I also have 2 Mr. Freedom caps which are the same 8 point style But those are the creme-de-la-creme & big $.
these are a good option verses the krazy prices for a vintage cap.
Any way,,,i will repost this clip... This was my story before i could afford a decent cap.
& now my Mom Dosent have to worry about any missing Kittys......
enjoy this clip & Thank you Johnny J
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-7j3wffdhs&feature=related

Gracias amigo por eso. Cantinflas un genio/genius.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Seabass did the Mr. Freedom people say if they where going to make any more of their caps? I am waiting for the new crop of Retro Sport caps before ordering some of their caps. Good to know they are one size too big.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Seabass did the Mr. Freedom people say if they where going to make any more of their caps? I am waiting for the new crop of Retro Sport caps before ordering some of their caps. Good to know they are one size too big.

I'm actually a little nervous that the Retro Sports run large. I'm waiting for one to arrive right now. My head measures exactly 22 1/2", so i figured the cap would fit tightly, so I went with a 22 3/4".
Did I screw up?

Last edited:

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I'm actually a little nervous that the Retro Sports run large. I'm waiting for one to arrive right now. My head measures exactly 22 1/2", so i figured the cap would fit tightly, so I went with a 22 3/4".
Did I screw up?

It might. If it does you can probably sell to someone here on the lounge like I did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner