Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Travel in style (Sucess on the horizon...?)

Ken

A-List Customer
Dang it! Even if I could drop the money for this doesnt seem available anywhere in my size!! Story of my life.

Ken

Feraud

Bartender
Oh boy...Orvis is really overpriced. $600.00 for a faux suede coat?
Keep your eyes open Ken. You can probably find a coat like this in your size and half the price.

Ken

A-List Customer
Thanks for the warning about the price. I'll bear that in mind.

I just really like the look and style of it. What should I be looking for instead? What kind of sites or terms to search under?

Ken

Feraud

Bartender
Here is the jacket in question.
coat.jpg

I would start with an internet search using terms like men's suede jacket or a variation of it. Keep your eyes open at local department stores or The Gap, LL Bean, Wilson's Leather, etc. The looks similar to coats I have seen before.
It is a nice looking jacket.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Feraud said:
$600.00 for a faux suede coat?

I believe that the jacket is actually real leather though "lush nubuck leather fabrication" is a bit misleading.

As for price, Orvis has end of season sales with discounts of 50% or greater on many items.

Ken

A-List Customer
Flitcraft said:
Try www.travelsmith.com. They almost always have something similiar- and priced much, much lower.

Flitcraft!!! Thank you SOO much for the link.

While the Cabelas link is close (thanks sharpetoys) the travelsmith offering seems REALLY close!!

http://www.travelsmith.com/ts/cookie.jsp?ContentOID=282371&Category=%2fProductHierarchy%2fMen's+Travelwear%2f+++Outerwear&Category1=%2fProductHierarchy%2fMen's+Travelwear&source=subcategory.jsp

And best of all it does my size AND the price is right!! Woo Hoo!

Ken :)

Baggers

Practically Family
Ken,
For what's worth, I've ordered several things from Travelsmith over the years and found everything very stylish and useful. I don't think you'd go wrong buying from them.

Cheers!

Ken

A-List Customer
Excellent - it just keeps getting better and better.

My only slight dilema now is regarding sizing - should I am around a 36/37 chest so dont know whether to go with their small size (34-36) or their medium size (38-40). Which is going to be a better fit for this type of garment do you think?

Ken

Baggers

Practically Family
Hmmm, interesting dilemma.

Well, everything that I buy in a size large (42-44 usually) is big on me because I normally wear a 42 suit jacket, so I've got the opposite problem from you. A small might work depending on your sleeve length (are they short or long for your build?), however you'd also probably be sacrificing the ability to layer underneath it. But I seem to recall that most of TravelSmith's stock has a loose fit to start, so this may not be a problem. You could always contact customer service and ask their advice. There's an email form located there.

But, dang boy, you need to put some meat on those bones! We ought to get you down here to Texas and fill you out with some chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes smothered in cream gravy, a side of fried okra, and for dessert, peach cobbler with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream. Then there's Texas BBQ, cole slaw, pinto beans with jalapenos, and french fries, all washed down with huge glass of sweet iced tea (can you tell I haven't had dinner yet?). We'll fatten you up in no time!lol lol lol

Cheers!

Ken

A-List Customer
Baggers said:
Hmmm, interesting dilemma.

Well, everything that I buy in a size large (42-44 usually) is big on me because I normally wear a 42 suit jacket, so I've got the opposite problem from you. A small might work depending on your sleeve length (are they short or long for your build?), however you'd also probably be sacrificing the ability to layer underneath it. But I seem to recall that most of TravelSmith's stock has a loose fit to start, so this may not be a problem. You could always contact customer service and ask their advice. There's an email form located there.

But, dang boy, you need to put some meat on those bones! We ought to get you down here to Texas and fill you out with some chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes smothered in cream gravy, a side of fried okra, and for dessert, peach cobbler with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream. Then there's Texas BBQ, cole slaw, pinto beans with jalapenos, and french fries, all washed down with huge glass of sweet iced tea (can you tell I haven't had dinner yet?). We'll fatten you up in no time!lol lol lol

Cheers!

I wouldnt say no! :)

I am short too though - only 5'6"

Ken

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Baggers said:
We ought to get you down here to Texas and fill you out with some chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes smothered in cream gravy...

Can I come? I haven't had chicken fried steak in... Oh boy, let's not think about how long! :D

Kodiak

A-List Customer
Depends on when you want to wear it, mate.

Just a regular shirt? I'd go the smaller size. If you plan to wear it in the winter with a a shirt/sweater combo, go the larger. Want to wear it with either one? Now there's the dilemma... :eusa_doh:

Baggers

Practically Family
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]Can I come? I haven't had chicken fried steak in... Oh boy, let's not think about how long! :D[/QUOTE]

Doc,
If you can make down here, the CFS is on me! :)

Cheers!

Ken

A-List Customer
Well really I want to know if anyone who has bought from Travelsmith knows if there stuff runs big, runs small, or right on size

Ken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou