Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Well, the pain got me out of bed at 05:30, so I will hunt and peck my first WHAYWT post in a long time. Since it is such an effort to type effectively, know that when I like a post, it is my best effort. I would hope that everyone will dig into their archives to find your favorite complement from me and apply it to the "like". They all came from my heart!

It was bright and sunny last evening so I got some pictures of the Mallory XV that I was wearing around the house. Selfies are quite challenging, bear with me for a while.

View attachment 186169 View attachment 186170 View attachment 186171
Great to see the Redfokker flying again!!
As someone here says “Gills, gills, gills”!!
You look great, color looks good and i believe you’ve lost some weight.
Maybe there’s a voice app you can use to dictate your posts. My kids do that with txts. Idk
Prayers for a healing touch and recovery!!
Bowen

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Another early Stratoliner. I've posted a few more pictures and some airplane talk in the Vintage Stratoliner thread.

092519_1.jpg

092519_2.jpg

092519_4.jpg
Another beautiful hat and photo Alan.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Very elegant Stefan. What color does Borsalino call that??
Asking because i have a Gorasgu “Silchi” in what they call Avorio that appears similar.
B
Thanks, Bowen. The colour is called Misto Lodola. I think it's less ivory coloured than the "avorio".

borsalino nobelsca_11.jpg

I've tended towards hats in very clean condition... otherwise there is just so much to choose from in my size.

That is a stunning hat!
Thank you, Alan. With this one I almost feel I can compete with your stunning collection:)

I'll make a note to check. He has a wall rack of ready to go hats, sometimes they are marked down quite a bit. Happy to ask him any specific question you might have. I may be too overwhelmed by everything in his shop so I better write down my questions beforehand. I'm curious about where he gets his felts from. He has a color he calls Butterscotch, those looked really nice too. ;)
I spoke by phone with Kolby at Tatton Baird. I then sent her an email with my contact info & pics of styles I like. She is emailing me more information about customs & anything on the store rack in my size. I didn't ask about felt sourcing but we were talking about the 100X. I wear the same size as Chandler so I told her I would buy his hand-me-downs!

Such a beautiful and rare old bird. It reminds me of this lovely Wormser that I held on to despite it being too large for me, but sent to a new home last year. I miss it. I expect they were similar in era.

View attachment 186228
Certainly very similar in look. I'm glad Garrett, who won the auction for it, thought it didn't suit him and was willing to part with it.

Well, the pain got me out of bed at 05:30, so I will hunt and peck my first WHAYWT post in a long time. Since it is such an effort to type effectively, know that when I like a post, it is my best effort. I would hope that everyone will dig into their archives to find your favorite complement from me and apply it to the "like". They all came from my heart!

It was bright and sunny last evening so I got some pictures of the Mallory XV that I was wearing around the house. Selfies are quite challenging, bear with me for a while.

View attachment 186169 View attachment 186170 View attachment 186171
Yay, Mike posted!

Great to see your "hat face," as Ant put it. And that Mallory is a stunner.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto