Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Montecristi Custom Hat Works:

f005a40e6dc7bd3e28a0f84981b1d3ea.jpg

5b35076744d83d23f357300ce14e92e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
The extra hour allowed me to pop this post, pardners!
A wise man (or was it a wise guy, @Redfokker?) once said, “embrace the stingy!”
So, channeling my inner Don Draper, a circa 1965 Knox Madison Avenue...

View attachment 193406 View attachment 193407 View attachment 193408 View attachment 193409 View attachment 193410 View attachment 193411

Enjoy your extra time today; use it wisely!!
Mad Men cool, Charlie. Love that array of hats behind you, too.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Ahh, Saturday. Nice. Gonna do some cleaning and organizing of my tool trailer and wear this hat while doing it. This is a special fedora for me as it was given from a brother-in-law whose grandfather owned it and wore it often. This is the first fedora I ever acquired where I know what the sweat band initials stand for: Charles A. Adkins
My brother-in-law asked his Grampy what the A stood for for his middle name. He answered, “WhenI joined the Army during the war they asked for a middle name initial and I didn’t have a middle name. They said I had to have one and told me to come up with one so they could record it. the letter A became my choice because it was the first letter of the alphabet and the first to come to mind. So the answer to your question, son, it doesn’t stand for anything. Except maybe it stands for: the Army.”
I could spruce up this sixties Dobbs westward some and have a better looking hat and that’s what my brother-in-law expected me to do, cause he knows I love the hats I own, but I’m going to leave it as is and just add more wear and tear to it along and along. It makes Charles the third happy to know I’ll be wearing it while working as that’s what his Grampy had done with all his fedoras.
Y’all have a blessed day.
View attachment 193320 View attachment 193319 View attachment 193318 View attachment 193317 View attachment 193316

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool story ! It’s always nice to have Provenance on a vintage hat.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
From last nights little Oktoberfest in Walburg, TX after my little road trip. Always nice to get out of the rat race of DFW and head out to the boonies. My cheapo Oktoberfest hat finally nit the dust, so just brought the Stetson 7XCB till I find a nice German or Austrian hat.

View attachment 193456

View attachment 193459
The dimensions of that super looking Stetson 7X suit the dimensions of that Oktoberfest beer glass much better than a Tyrol hat would H [emoji4]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner