Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
I like the color a lot Joe. Interesting material combination, you don't see many of those here. Very nice!

This gloomy grey and wet day has me wearing this somewhat unusual Bee Hats mixed material hat.
View attachment 211456

the brim, trim and center stripe of the crown are a grey speckled wool. With smooth grey felt patches the make up the sides of the crown.
I’m not sure what it is about this hat but something about it’s styling strikes me as a Gloomy rainy day kinda hat. The lining and sweat seem to be a nylon material that might protect your head from some of the moisture that might seem though.

View attachment 211457 View attachment 211458 View attachment 211459 View attachment 211460 View attachment 211461

I like the color a lot Joe. Interesting material combination, you don't see many of those here. Very nice!
Thanks Hector... I’m thinking this one came along with another hat a few years back. Admittedly.. I don’t wear it very often. It is a rather stubborn hat that insists it keeps exactly one shape. But I don’t blame it either. It is rather unique

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
AAE6070E-DA2F-4073-85AF-0175E72B7073.jpeg
D800D414-CADF-4116-8B54-AE35398CE96D.jpeg
75C53A43-B36A-4050-813C-ABFC00AC6FA0.jpeg
Written on the of the liner tip of this Stylepark says, made by hand.
Makes me proud that I’m carrying on their legacy. Maybe not as well, but I’ve done my best.
I sewed this ribbon and bow on last week, then yesterday hand sewed a single row of gray stitches around the brim edge, somewhat like a Playboy.
It was a task! But now that I’ve done this maybe now I’ll be more prepared to sew some 7/8 ribbon for brim binding on my Wormser fedora today.

View attachment 211493 View attachment 211488 View attachment 211485 Written on the of the liner tip of this Stylepark says, made by hand.
Makes me proud that I’m carrying on their legacy. Maybe not as well, but I’ve done my best.
I sewed this ribbon and bow on last week, then yesterday hand sewed a single row of gray stitches around the brim edge, somewhat like a Playboy.
It was a task! But now that I’ve done this maybe now I’ll be more prepared to sew some 7/8 ribbon for brim binding on my Wormser fedora today.

Nice! I love the proportions and shape of your hat. We don’t see these Stylepark / Templeform hats enough. I’ve been looking for one in my size, but no joy. Your stitch work and patience is enviable.

View attachment 211493 View attachment 211488 View attachment 211485 Written on the of the liner tip of this Stylepark says, made by hand.

Nice work and nice hat. Perhaps you could help revive an old thread by cross-posting yours there.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/templeform.17660/

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Nice! I love the proportions and shape of your hat. We don’t see these Stylepark / Templeform hats enough. I’ve been looking for one in my size, but no joy. Your stitch work and patience is enviable.

Thanks a lot, Brent. The stitching is not perfect, but suppose it’ll do. Few will be getting close enough to even notice the stitches, much less that they are somewhat irregular. I like this hat a lot. The overall shape, character and comfort of this hat makes it very pleasing to wear.
I, too, like the fact that it is a very well built hat, yet not a typical brand.
I will be keeping an eye out for more Styleparks, too. If you and I were of different size, I’d help you find one.
(Wink).

Last edited:

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab

Fantastic Job Randall !!

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Hey! This is one of them pictures where if you turn it upside down, it pretty much looks the same!

Now I’m just joking around, Old Fashioned. You make the hat look cool...and warm at the same time!
Looks like a 7x CM. ;-)

Man! the few times it gets 25 degrees down here no one goes outside!
Haha, no worries. I noticed the symmetry too and had to chuckle.

Great job on your Stylepark! Looking quite stylish.

Very Cool ! You look like my Steinbach Tchaikovsky Nutcracker.

View attachment 211385
I think I can make that work with some styling wax and a little trim.

<stroking beard> Hmm...

Fantastic Randall.

Wow Randall. Well done!

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Wow what a phenomenal looking Derby Alan. That Felt looks amazing.

what a perfect match for that sweater too.
Alan makes me feel like I am just toying around like a child with hats. After reading the Stylepark thread and other older threads, I’ve come to the realization that this man is full grown serious!
Maybe one day I will grow up to be a real hat guy.

Or, at least grow up, right?
LOL

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, for the positive hat comments, Tim, The Old Fashioned, Jim and Blare. And thanks for the likes, too, everyone. It was a lot of work and curses, unfortunately.
But we’ll worth it.
The Stylepark thread Jim sent me to had some info that was neat to read on why the hats are called Templeforms.
Interesting and enlightening. No wonder this hat fits so well. I found out that 90% of all men have an egg head like mine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR