Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Tim! The immediate need is to move enough creek gravel to surround the new 48x30 shop with about 10 to 15 feet of gravel and repair some washed out road. At some point I would like to add a grapple and clean up all the downed trees from the Great Hungry Creek Flood of 2017. I'm sure there will be plenty for it to do going forward. Still keeping the '57 Ford 860 for most pulling duties.

Very cool, sounds like it will be kept busy !! 48 x 30 shop will be awesome.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Brim down OR under a full moon at the beach.
IMG_5167.jpg

IMG_5163 3 copy.jpg

IMG_5162 copy.jpg

IMG_5164 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
That is a very fine looking hat, Daniele, with a very nice color.

A French hat that comes directly from the thirties
View attachment 219029
j-b-3-jpg.219008

One of the many finds in Strasbourg year 2015
View attachment 219030
j-b-2-bis-jpg.219010

Its date is certain because the address stamped on the sweatband is the one where the "A. Meer" hats shop was located between the beginning of the last century and the thirties.
View attachment 219031
j-b-1-jpg.219011

It is made of wool and, perhaps, some noble fur

Unlined and with only one small patch on the crown that tells us it was made in France by JB
View attachment 219032
j-b-6-jpg.219013

It is a hat that I like very much and arouses some comments on its shape.
Have a good week!

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
So Max...are you in the “E’s” or “S’s” of your hat safe reordering?? Lol What a job!
I do remember when you got this one. Then...you got ahold of your first real vintage hat. Times have a changed my friend. You have come far, fast and hard.
B
That's exactly how it happened!
I send you a big Mexican hug, Bowen.
Come to think of it, why don't American friends who haven't seen each other in a while hug?
Even my best American friends are a little surprised when I hug them

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Thank you kindly.
No top 10 lists but i do know if i did your total deal 40’s Strat with the box and pin and probably letters of historical significance would be on it.
Total envy on that one my friend.
B

Thanks Bowen, that says a lot coming from someone with as many awesome hats as you !
I like the look of that Bantam as well, just wondering if you had some favorites in the unreeded, unlined style that I could add to my list. Those are great for TX Summers !

Thanks.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful beater Michael.
Thanks Alan. I've been looking for something in this sort of color combo for a long time here. Pity the bugs thought it was nice, too, and bored a couple of holes through the brim. It's completely no name with a generic size and block tag and was sold by the only old line menswear store in town that is still in business. If I was to guess, I would say in the 40s.

Michael

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
The situation here is strange and bizarre. Everything is stopped and many people with children and young boys walk on the streets. The virus has affected many super populated areas of northern Italy and fearing an extension of the infections to the South, the government has rightly decided to extend some prohibitions to all Italy to contain the infection.
This bulletin is for those who want to know the situation of Coronavirus in Italy
Bario Borsa 3.jpg

Many people are walking around, finally avoiding crowds
Bario Borsa 7 bis.jpg

Today for the walk, dotted with meetings of acquaintances and friends, I put this Borsalino homburg on.
Bario Borsa 5.jpg

It is a small rounded homburg or "lobbia".
Bario Borsa 9 bis.jpg
The color of the felt is "Bario" and the ribbon is "Asfalto" while the ribbon that adorns the brims is the same color as the felt.
Bario Borsa 9.jpg

Have a nice day and many thanks for the likes on the JB French from the thirties.
Buona giornata!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk