Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Before the daily hat I want to congratulate my daughter Ginevra who graduated in Japanese at Ca 'Foscari in Venezia
View attachment 264929
There she was yesterday on the day of the proclamation in Piazza San Marco, made without public, with the square closed for health reasons
Finally the temperature has cooled down in NorthEast Italy, so I can wear the felts.
View attachment 264922
I chose another particular French hat: Morreton Liclon "Softline" Impermeable
View attachment 264925
The felt is clearly very soft and thick with a particularly rich heather finish and a distinctive high ribbon.
View attachment 264926 It has the typical shapes of a European hat of the sixties and early seventies, very well finished, not a low level hat.
View attachment 264927
It was for sale in a Lyon hats shop, but it arrived in Italy as a brand new/old stock.
I have another very similar made in Germany by Ottmar Reich, soon on these screens
View attachment 264928

Congratulations to your daughter and the family on her accomplishment. Wonderful to see San Marco with dry stones in the foreground. I hope Venice has weathered the flooding, now a forgotten disaster in a year of disasters. And last but not least, a remarkable hat of many colors. Outstanding!

Yamahana

One Too Many
The Golden Bear and Borsalino befuddled the bagger boy tonight:
View attachment 264790

BBB - "Are you dressed in a costume?"
ME - "Uh, no."
BBB - "That's just casual wear?"
ME - "Pretty much."
BBB - "Are you a dancer, like Michael Jackson?"
ME - "I don't have that much talent."

I would have lingered and humored him some more because clearly he was interested but there were people behind me in line and with COVID social distancing and all...

Hopefully the Averla (c. Aligi) Gorasgu made a boring Friday night shift a little more fun.

B3116EAB-64FB-4F22-B463-7767D1B186A0.gif

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 264790

ME - "Uh, no."
ME - "Pretty much."

I would have lingered and humored him some more because clearly he was interested but there were people behind me in line and with COVID social distancing and all...

Hopefully the Averla (c. Aligi) Gorasgu made a boring Friday night shift a little more fun.
That hat I awesome!

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Before the daily hat I want to congratulate my daughter Ginevra who graduated in Japanese at Ca 'Foscari in Venezia
View attachment 264929
There she was yesterday on the day of the proclamation in Piazza San Marco, made without public, with the square closed for health reasons
Finally the temperature has cooled down in NorthEast Italy, so I can wear the felts.
View attachment 264922
View attachment 264925
The felt is clearly very soft and thick with a particularly rich heather finish and a distinctive high ribbon.
View attachment 264926 It has the typical shapes of a European hat of the sixties and early seventies, very well finished, not a low level hat.
View attachment 264927
It was for sale in a Lyon hats shop, but it arrived in Italy as a brand new/old stock.
I have another very similar made in Germany by Ottmar Reich, soon on these screens
View attachment 264928
Congratulations to your daughter, Daniele. The Morreton Liclon is a fascinating hat. The thick multicolored felt and ornate ribbon are quite stylish.

View attachment 264929
View attachment 264922
View attachment 264925
View attachment 264927
View attachment 264928

Congratulations to your daughter! No small accomplishment.

That felt is amazing. The colors and style are just fantastic.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Fantastic

Thanks, Joe! I forgot to extend congrats to you for your Dolphins on the win the other night.

Love it. Even the jacket. ;)

Thanks, Brent! Hats and leather jackets are where it's at. You should join the party.

First time out & about in my late 1960s Akubra Stylemaster that I bought during straw hat season. I like it a lot.
View attachment 264878 View attachment 264879
My wife wore a Maxim.
View attachment 264880 View attachment 264882
Thai food at a restaurant we frequent.
View attachment 264885
View attachment 264881
Here’s the crease and ribbon on my wife’s hat.
View attachment 264883 View attachment 264884

Definitely dig your style, Gary, and your grill master abilities.

Is that the hurricane crease?

That hat I awesome!

Thanks, Reggie! Definitely a unique color, sort of a burnt ochre.

It's good to see your face around here again now that felt season is upon us.

Summer's last grasp with unseasonable temps in the 80s today had me wearing straw one last time. I actually uncovered this Bee Cool Milan while packing away the other straws for the season:
View attachment 265014

A pleasant surprise almost like new hat day. Happy day calls for Happy Socks. Argyle of course.
Great looking Milan. Thanks on the congrats for the fins win. Always nice when all the talking heads pick the other team to win. Of course after they were wrong... it’s “well... the Jags aren’t any good”. It was nice seeing them have fun and play to win

The Shoe

One Too Many
Definitely dig your style, Gary, and your grill master abilities.

Is that the hurricane crease?
Thank you...The hurricane crease. Well I’m a novice compared to most loungers, so have never heard of such a thing. It does seem like an appropriate name for it, though.

Loved your hat & jacket yesterday. Today’s Milan is spectacular, too, as are those shoes!

Gary

Last edited:
Looking good, Reggie!

View attachment 264790

ME - "Uh, no."
ME - "Pretty much."

A hat like that will get you noticed alright!

First time out & about in my late 1960s Akubra Stylemaster that I bought during straw hat season. I like it a lot.
View attachment 264878 View attachment 264879
My wife wore a Maxim.
View attachment 264880 View attachment 264882
Thai food at a restaurant we frequent.
View attachment 264885
View attachment 264881
Here’s the crease and ribbon on my wife’s hat.
View attachment 264883 View attachment 264884
Looks good on you, Gary. You're killing me with all those food shots though...

View attachment 264929
View attachment 264922
View attachment 264925
View attachment 264927
View attachment 264928
Many congrats to Ginevra and the rest of the family with this achievement, Daniele! The laurels are well deserved. And you sticking with the heather felts; I can only approve.

My new charcoal gray Wormser with a steel gray ribbon. View attachment 264947 View attachment 264948 View attachment 264949
Verrrry nice! Lovely hat.

The Shoe

One Too Many
View attachment 264929
View attachment 264922
View attachment 264925
View attachment 264927
View attachment 264928
A congratulatory message for Ginerva:
卒業、おめでとうございます!お父さんのフェドララウンジの投稿を見たら、本当にGinervaのことが大好きで誇りに思っているのが伝わってきます…目に入れても痛くないぐらい!
色々と大変な時期ですがこれから日本語を生かせて仕事ができたらいいですね。また近いうちに日本に来ることができたらいいですね。大都市だけではなく、僕が妻と一緒に暮らしている和歌山県のような田舎もおすすめです。
これからも頑張ってください。

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning folks. I started out for a dog soirée before the sun rose wearing a Borsolino Misto. The lack of quality light to showcase the hat does not stop me from posting as this fedora is a favorite.

D13C3068-253B-45E6-9DAF-88609D891BB5-M.jpg

Thanks for taking a look at my Misto in the new day's light. A flock of crows are in the top of some nearby trees making a huge noise this early morning. Shhhh, the neighborhood is sleeping.

Best wishes, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider