Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
TGIF! Borsalino Como today.
IMG_6010.JPG
IMG_6016.JPG
IMG_6023.JPG

I come back after a long and strange summer that lasted until late September. Impossible to wear felt hats, today thanks to a cool day here is the first autumn felt.
View attachment 264292
A low-class hat, those that wear out in years of intense use and hard to find, so nothing elegant, no XXX, no beaver or high-sounding names.
View attachment 264294
It is a hat made in France probably in the sixties, therefore with a short brim and a medium crown.
View attachment 264299
It is called Magdinier and has only one peculiarity: it has a heathered felt that is difficult to find today, nothing but the felt is marked "Chinè Satinè "Impermeable (satin heather, waterproof)
View attachment 264298
Have a nice day :)
Daniele, Great to see the Speciality Felt! I have been absent here since my lockdown marathon. I hope to be back in action next week.

Thank you Sir! Nope, simple mail order, store bought. New yesterday. Shipped to me by mistake. You'd hate it, stiff as a board :eek: And the felt quality sucks compared to a "real" hat. But the price is right. Generally these sell of $300 to $350 delivered. Found a supplier that charges $227 delivered for the same hat.

Wow! That sounds like a great deal. Can you please send me a PM with the information on the supplier?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Outstanding!

Thanks sir. You have been posting up some grand hats of late. I especially enjoyed your Neiman Marcus hat. It sounds fancy.

Looking great under the big brim.

Indeed chilly 83'f! Like the longhair hat sir.

Featherweight nutria fur western, LOT5XXX, c.1930.

092520_1.jpg

092520_2.jpg

092520_3.jpg

092520_4.jpg

092520_5.jpg

092520_6.jpg

Thanks for sharing Alan. Some hats you can pair with a bath robe and they will shine. This is such a hat.

Glad to see your hat and cigar sir. Cheers sir.

Ever looking sharp Reggie. I will have to look for Como's as your hat really has a classy look. Cheers.

Thanks for all the likes Fedora Lounge folks. I leave with a pic of the fruit that is my dinner this evening. Nothing beats fresh raspberries, half and half and some vanilla seeds scraped from the pod for dinner.

DSC02612-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
The Golden Bear and Borsalino befuddled the bagger boy tonight:
FullSizeRender.jpg

BBB - "Are you dressed in a costume?"
ME - "Uh, no."
BBB - "That's just casual wear?"
ME - "Pretty much."
BBB - "Are you a dancer, like Michael Jackson?"
ME - "I don't have that much talent."

I would have lingered and humored him some more because clearly he was interested but there were people behind me in line and with COVID social distancing and all...

Hopefully the Averla (c. Aligi) Gorasgu made a boring Friday night shift a little more fun.

Last edited:
View attachment 264790

ME - "Uh, no."
ME - "Pretty much."

I would have lingered and humored him some more because clearly he was interested but there were people behind me in line and with COVID social distancing and all...

Hopefully I made a boring Friday night shift a little more fun.
Fantastic

View attachment 264790

ME - "Uh, no."
ME - "Pretty much."

Hopefully the Averla (c. Aligi) Gorasgu made a boring Friday night shift a little more fun.

Love it. Even the jacket. ;)

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Before the daily hat I want to congratulate my daughter Ginevra who graduated in Japanese at Ca 'Foscari in Venezia
Ginevra.jpg

There she was yesterday on the day of the proclamation in Piazza San Marco, made without public, with the square closed for health reasons
Finally the temperature has cooled down in NorthEast Italy, so I can wear the felts.
Morreton Borcal 3.jpg

I chose another particular French hat: Morreton Liclon "Softline" Impermeable
Morreton Borcal 4.jpg

The felt is clearly very soft and thick with a particularly rich heather finish and a distinctive high ribbon.
Morreton Borcal 1.jpg
It has the typical shapes of a European hat of the sixties and early seventies, very well finished, not a low level hat.
Morreton Borcal 6.jpg
It was for sale in a Lyon hats shop, but it arrived in Italy as a brand new/old stock.
I have another very similar made in Germany by Ottmar Reich, soon on these screens
Morreton Borcal 9.jpg

Before the daily hat I want to congratulate my daughter Ginevra who graduated in Japanese at Ca 'Foscari in Venezia
View attachment 264929
There she was yesterday on the day of the proclamation in Piazza San Marco, made without public, with the square closed for health reasons
Finally the temperature has cooled down in NorthEast Italy, so I can wear the felts.
View attachment 264922
I chose another particular French hat: Morreton Liclon "Softline" Impermeable
View attachment 264925
The felt is clearly very soft and thick with a particularly rich heather finish and a distinctive high ribbon.
View attachment 264926 It has the typical shapes of a European hat of the sixties and early seventies, very well finished, not a low level hat.
View attachment 264927
It was for sale in a Lyon hats shop, but it arrived in Italy as a brand new/old stock.
I have another very similar made in Germany by Ottmar Reich, soon on these screens
View attachment 264928
Congratulations to your daughter. Very cool hat today.

I do love that hat.

Thanks Perry, I remember that it has inspired you in the past. ;^)

Wow, what a beautiful hat!! Perfection all around. You certainly wear it well, Alan. Looking sharp!!

Thanks for sharing Alan. Some hats you can pair with a bath robe and they will shine. This is such a hat.

Many thanks for the kind words.

I remember that one, Alan. How many grams?

It's a good early felt season wear at 2.8 ounces (79 grams).

cheers,
Alan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider