Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

View attachment 390468
I'll reuse this pic for today, will be sporting this'n all weekend while I spend Christmas in the hospital with my fiance. Her cancer treatments are going well and hopefully will be coming home next week. Although she'll need to continue radiation therapy for the next few weeks. With another round of chemo in a month. Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah!
Good to hear the treatment is going well. Best wishes to you and your fiance and merry christmas.
Christmas almost done and dusted here in Japan. The weather was perfect for barbecuing. I started out in my Akubra Cattleman with a Tokyo Black porter.
View attachment 390499
Chook and bacon done…
View attachment 390501 View attachment 390502
Sparkling wine & merlot along the way…
View attachment 390500
View attachment 390503
a quick shower to rid myself of the smoke aroma and finally got my Christmas present - Hornskov Rancher. Beaver and bunny blend in western weight. The colour is stone with a dusty rose ribbon
View attachment 390504 View attachment 390505 View attachment 390506 View attachment 390507
I love the hat, but I’m not entirely convinced about the cattleman crease.
The western weight felt is similar in feel to my 100% beaver dress weight Hornskov, but a little stiffer.
Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas.

Gary
You can always try a few creases on the new hat, Gary. Great pics as usual. It looked like the chicken was about to run off though.:)

Merry Christmas to one and all on the FL.

Thanks for all your posts during the last year, and for being a light in the covid gloom. Thanks for increasing my hat knowledge and for feeding my HAS.

If, like me, you didn't get a hat from Santa this year, don't despair. I'm sure 2022 will bring us one or two :)

Enjoy the rest of the View attachment 390603 festive season, folks.
No need to worry, Steve: the Aztecs prophesied that 2022 will be a very good hat year!;)

Might as well post them now. This week in hats. Merry christmas to everybody on the lounge (I'm sure I missed a few while catching up).
Leica velour
IMG_3821.jpg

Panizza Super Grafite
IMG_3823.jpg

Arlesia
IMG_3824.jpg

Courtney (thanks @PanosChris)
IMG_3825.jpg

Mossant Jockey Club
IMG_3827.jpg

Borsalino Torino Uranio (thanks @PanosChris )
IMG_3830.jpg

Borsalino Amiata (thanks @PanosChris )
IMG_3831.jpg

Mallory Aristocrat (thanks @PanosChris )
IMG_3839.jpg

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Might as well post them now. This week in hats. Merry Christmas to everybody on the lounge (I'm sure I missed a few while catching up).
Leica velour
View attachment 390614

Panizza Super Grafite
View attachment 390615

Arlesia
View attachment 390616

View attachment 390617

Mossant Jockey Club
View attachment 390618

View attachment 390619

View attachment 390620

View attachment 390621
Ahhh! Holiday show time with Stefan Steur. As usual, an incredible array of chapeaus! I love the Mallory, Amiata, and Courtney. I guess we have to flat out say that Panos knows how to pick them!
May the universe and its mysteries shine upon you and your family during this Yuletide season.
ie. Merry Christmas, Stefan!

Ahhh! Holiday show time with Stefan Steur. As usual, an incredible array of chapeaus! I love the Mallory, Amiata, and Courtney. I guess we have to flat out say that Panos knows how to pick them!
May the universe and its mysteries shine upon you and your family during this Yuletide season.
Thank you, Reggie. Panos does know how to pick and then proceeds to exchange them for pre-war wool hats. Imagine that!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Robert. Finding one in a larger size is a tall order!
Tell me about it Stefan, British Imperial size and American size can differ by as much as a quarter inch, so to be sure I always go for Imperial and metric. A metric 62 is not an easy size to find.
bob's hat.jpeg
Like other Loungers, I was smitten with Bob's hat, but when I checked it out I found it sized in S/M/L /XL. Why do some hat sellers do that? You wouldn't find shoes sold like it. So it's back to the drawing board in the hunt for something in a deep green. I might have to phone Esther.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Looking good. Merry christmas.

A stratoliner always works. Nice colour on that one. Merry christmas.

Whoa, that's some real estate there, Steve. That'll turn a few heads in Denmark!

A fabulous parade, Max. I'd wear the Willoughby, but the Stetson is one impressive hat. Merry christmas.
Merry Christmass, Stefan

Rumad

One Too Many
Maybe it is showing off, but gloriously so, Robert. Superb in every way: that's the way to party! Merry christmas.

How cool is that?! Merry christmas, Joe.

I want that quilt! Merry christmas, Alan.
Thanks Stefan, a merry Christmas to you and yours as well. You’ll have to fight the kid for the quilt though, it’s out of my hands. ;)

PanosChris

Practically Family
Thank you, Reggie. Panos does know how to pick and then proceeds to exchange them for pre-war wool hats. Imagine that!

LOL! Everbody got their thing! That’s what makes the world go round…….heaven know Ive got mine!

Haha, whatever floats your boat gentlemen!
Don't forget the pre-war velours Stefan - In vino veritas ;)
Merry Christmas to all!!

Merry Christmas to one and all on the FL.

Thanks for all your posts during the last year, and for being a light in the covid gloom. Thanks for increasing my hat knowledge and for feeding my HAS.

If, like me, you didn't get a hat from Santa this year, don't despair. I'm sure 2022 will bring us one or two :)

Enjoy the rest of the View attachment 390603 festive season, folks.
Merry Christmas Steve

Might as well post them now. This week in hats. Merry christmas to everybody on the lounge (I'm sure I missed a few while catching up).
Leica velour
View attachment 390614

Panizza Super Grafite
View attachment 390615

Arlesia
View attachment 390616

View attachment 390617

Mossant Jockey Club
View attachment 390618

View attachment 390619

View attachment 390620

View attachment 390621
Merry Christmas Stefan. Thank you for the Christmas hat parade. My fav this week is the Mallory

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner