Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
No need to worry, Steve: the Aztecs prophesied that 2022 will be a very good hat year!;)
I had no idea.
Stefan, I've been meaning to tell you about a friend of mine. His name is Hermilo Zwart.
He is from the state of Chiapas, and has dark brown skin, so I asked him how in H. he came by Zwart as a surname. He told me his great-grandfather was Dutch, and emigrated to Chiapas from Holland as a young man. Being blond and blue-eyed, he had immense success with Chiapaneco ladies. He promptly married a rich heiress, widowed, and married an even richer one.
He was fruitful and multiplied, so that now, three generations later, Zwart is not an uncommon name in Chiapaneco society.
Curious story, isn't it?

That was my pick, too.
Thanks, Gary.

Haha, whatever floats your boat gentlemen!
Don't forget the pre-war velours Stefan - In vino veritas ;)
Merry Christmas to all!!
Ah, yes! Almost forgot about those; a pet and a hat in one go:D

Fantastic looking hat. Great shape and colour.

Merry Christmas Stefan. Thank you for the Christmas hat parade. My fav this week is the Mallory
Thanks, Joe. The Dobbs homburg is a festive kind of hat. Very nice.

Thanks Stefan! Another week of outstanding hats from you. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Thank you, Bob.

I had no idea.
Stefan, I've been meaning to tell you about a friend of mine. His name is Hermilo Zwart.
He is from the state of Chiapas, and has dark brown skin, so I asked him how in H. he came by Zwart as a surname. He told me his great-grandfather was Dutch, and emigrated to Chiapas from Holland as a young man. Being blond and blue-eyed, he had immense success with Chiapaneco ladies. He promptly married a rich heiress, widowed, and married an even richer one.
He was fruitful and multiplied, so that now, three generations later, Zwart is not an uncommon name in Chiapaneco society.
Curious story, isn't it?
This prophecy of the Aztecs is a bit of a secret:)
Interesting story about your friend, but it does fit the times back then. In the 19th and early 20th century lots of people moved away from Europe. Social upheaval due to industrialisation, poverty and conflict made the idea of packing up and try again elsewhere, especially in the Americas an attractive one. Why Chiapas though is anyone's guess. How would someone from Holland know about that place at the time? Curious indeed. But fun. Thanks, Max.

The Shoe

One Too Many
I wore the Christmas Hornskov for Boxing Day shopping. It feels great on my head, and I wasn’t put off by the glimpses I caught of myself in windows and mirrors. Perhaps I’ll give the cattleman crease a bit more time to grow on me.
8D872145-DAF2-4D0B-8CED-C1ED37C36FEC.jpeg
B17CB9A7-A866-4F02-A67E-09439F012E7E.jpeg

Etsuko wore her Daniele Panizza…
CA4021BD-92C8-4AD8-A898-56DD387087EA.jpeg
02254D9D-D1B9-4D15-A76F-539810DF94A1.jpeg

…with a back bow - still the only one in our household.
C86A9D0D-54D5-4DE2-BC18-82BBEA33E047.jpeg

I wore the Christmas Hornskov for Boxing Day shopping. It feels great on my head, and I wasn’t put off by the glimpses I caught of myself in windows and mirrors. Perhaps I’ll give the cattleman crease a bit more time to grow on me.
View attachment 390731 View attachment 390734
View attachment 390732 View attachment 390733
View attachment 390735
Really like the flat brim style of the Hornskov, Gary. Great pics again of you and Etsuko.

View attachment 390731 View attachment 390734
View attachment 390732 View attachment 390733
View attachment 390735
Yeah man. It looks great!

Morning dog soirre found me wearing a blue Stetson Flagship.

i-W3CccdC-M.jpg

i-sGSfCL9-M.jpg

i-xQ9Rvx3-M.jpg

i-XkKvMg8-M.jpg

i-jfmCZSC-M.jpg

Home I scampered about the property sipping coffee in a Brock fedora.

i-STC6vLF-M.jpg

i-42TfMhQ-M.jpg

i-H7nzRKm-M.jpg

i-DSWw8P5-M.jpg

After breakfast I went on a walkabout in a Kennsington fedora.

i-JQv7Fkm-M.jpg

i-TjHcz6q-M.jpg

i-dRCvgm6-M.jpg

i-CdJmhjt-M.jpg

i-MmrJ3f7-M.jpg

i-nXVdR5V-M.jpg

I delivered some Holiday baked goods to our neighbors under a Stetson Whippet.

i-MXh4CFc-M.jpg

i-5Xd7Nt5-M.jpg

i-shDMq5K-M.jpg

i-hBCZwJ3-M.jpg

Cheers to all, Eric -
Incredible line up Eric. I had been thinking of pulling out my Flagship today as well.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
This prophecy of the Aztecs is a bit of a secret:)
Interesting story about your friend, but it does fit the times back then. In the 19th and early 20th century lots of people moved away from Europe. Social upheaval due to industrialisation, poverty and conflict made the idea of packing up and try again elsewhere, especially in the Americas an attractive one. Why Chiapas though is anyone's guess. How would someone from Holland know about that place at the time? Curious indeed. But fun. Thanks, Max.
A modern-day Quetzalcoatl!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner