Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

RBH

Bartender
View attachment 400913
Just checking things out to see how this new system is working. This was a way too small 6 3/4 Alexander Western that I just finished converting. I reused the single ply thin ribbon. I'll have more on this hat later.
Terry, you never cease to amaze me!!!
That is beautiful work and a hat I would be proud to wear!
Great job!!!

Beautiful day with bright sun like yesterday and the day before yesterday and very difficult to photograph "shiny" hats.
View attachment 400488
Too many "colors" in the shadows, affected by surrounding objects.
View attachment 400495
Today, I wear a rarity that I have only seen a few times in this honey color.
View attachment 400496
"Panizza De Luxe" with long fur and bow quite out of the ordinary.
View attachment 400501
Size 59 or 7 3/8 in the USA, there are not others interesting notes on the paper label, only a series of number and letters
View attachment 400509
In his visit with Steve a few years ago to the old Panizza factory, now home to the museum, he recognized the machines for producing and finishing "velour" felt, in fact Panizza was the last of the Italian hat factories to produce this type of felt.
View attachment 400510
Have a nice day with the new livery of Fedora Lounge

Daniele, the softness of that felt looks wonderful. I love those special finishes.

An ultra rare 40s Schoble fedora that I have completely restored back to its original condition...as much as possible.
This was a job done for a client who has hundreds of super nice vintage fedoras and westerns, most if not all in mint condition. So it was with some trepidation that I agreed to take on such a task on a rare and wonderful hat and name plate. Probably just as much concern on the client’s side, too, I’d imagine. However, I think she turned out quite nice.
The pics show the stages of its restoration.
Hated having to send this one back a week ago. Client is very happy that I did!
Guess I need to start a restoration thread since I can’t find one that’ll work?
Notice in two of the photos the shape of the hat as it arrived to the client in a too small box. The horror!!!
He referred to it as the, “Square Schoble “.

Oh man, that’s a looker! Great job restoring it.

Scooterz

Practically Family
20220206_130733-01.jpg
Campdraft

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Daniele, the softness of that felt looks wonderful. I love those special finishes.
Brent we have the same goal in seeking "special finishes" felt hats :) It is one of my beloved theme in looking at the Italian and sometimes european market. In your collection you have some very interesting hats with some more caracter, a Borsalino Serikon coming into my mind at first and some others. Thanks for your comment

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner