Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The week in hats. Let's go.

Stetson Severn
IMG_5179.jpg

Mossant Castor Hudson
IMG_5180.jpg

Mossant Bayard Bleu Oxford
IMG_5181.jpg

Sools
IMG_5183.jpg

Blum velour (with some snowflakes)
IMG_5186.jpg

Dunn&Co velour
IMG_5187.jpg

Knox Westlite
IMG_5190.jpg

Morreton Chamois (which needs a brushing and cleaning it seems)
IMG_5192.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Your comment, Stefan, about brushing and cleaning the Morreton Chamois, resonated with me for I have similar marks on the brim of my Stetson Sovereign. How it got there is a mystery, is it safe to brush it with a stiff bristled brush? It seems impervious to an ordinary clothes brush.

knox.jpg

Another fabulous collection and as always a very difficult choice, but I am sold on the Knox Westlite, teamed up with that beautiful camel coat, it is just fabulous.

You've inspired me to go with a similar colour. Shame on me I haven't got dressed yet, the morning already gone. But I have been busy and shortly I shall once more be among the throng of shoppers, getting something that Tina wants. This will be today's lid, a bespoke model made by Gable & Gunn.
fedora-hat.jpg

Your comment, Stefan, about brushing and cleaning the Morreton Chamois, resonated with me for I have similar marks on the brim of my Stetson Sovereign. How it got there is a mystery, is it safe to brush it with a stiff bristled brush? It seems impervious to an ordinary clothes brush.

View attachment 471810

Another fabulous collection and as always a very difficult choice, but I am sold on the Knox Westlite, teamed up with that beautiful camel coat, it is just fabulous.

You've inspired me to go with a similar colour. Shame on me I haven't got dressed yet, the morning already gone. But I have been busy and shortly I shall once more be among the throng of shoppers, getting something that Tina wants. This will be today's lid, a bespoke model made by Gable & Gunn.
View attachment 471811
Thank you, Robert. I think the spots orginate from the hat getting wet at some point in time. I did and do use a hard bristle brush or suede brush from time to time on my hats, especially the chamois and velour ones, to no ill effect. The coat is lighter in colour than camel and made by Corneliani. Lovely coat, but I feel it only works well when the sun is out. Really like the shape of that Gable & Gunn hat; classic!

Stetson Severn View attachment 471796

Mossant Castor Hudson
View attachment 471797

Mossant Bayard Bleu Oxford View attachment 471798

Sools View attachment 471799

View attachment 471800

Dunn&Co velour View attachment 471801

Knox Westlite
View attachment 471803

View attachment 471804
What a parade!!! The first three tremendous. What an unusual styling for Stetson. And BOTH Mossants…. Wow!

Mighty44

One Too Many
Sunday was a work day for me this week with four students in an English speech contest. I decided to go for a special hat to support them. A Dobbs Homburg in Navy with purple trimmings that came to me from Brent @deadlyhandsome.
View attachment 471845 View attachment 471844
It did the trick. After a third place two years ago, and a second last year, we finally got the win!
You really pull off that homburg well. Congrats to you and your students!

Today Sunday December 11th no one first and not even one last.
The choice of hats is so interesting that they are all on the same level :)
Thank you, Daniele.
What a parade!!! The first three tremendous. What an unusual styling for Stetson. And BOTH Mossants…. Wow!
Thank you, Joe. To be fair, the Stetson ribbon was a replacement for a horrendous macramé one.

Sunday was a work day for me this week with four students in an English speech contest. I decided to go for a special hat to support them. A Dobbs Homburg in Navy with purple trimmings that came to me from Brent @deadlyhandsome.
It did the trick. After a third place two years ago, and a second last year, we finally got the win!
With the support of a hat like that it was impossible to lose! Excellent, Gary.
Stefan, Thank you! Fantastic series of hats from you! Great to see the rare Blum Velour in action!
Thank you, Steve.

Very sharp, Gary. Congratulations on the win!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Congrats Gary on the win and that wonderful looking Dobbs!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Stetson Severn View attachment 471796

Mossant Castor Hudson
View attachment 471797

Mossant Bayard Bleu Oxford View attachment 471798

Sools View attachment 471799

View attachment 471800

Dunn&Co velour View attachment 471801

Knox Westlite
View attachment 471803

View attachment 471804
Especially love the French hats, Stefan.

I have to say though, I'm most in awe that you have a Corneliani overcoat. Wow!

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Haven't posted in this forum before... an Open Road Stetson that I bought new Haven't posted in this forum before... an Open Road Stetson that I bought new in Australia in the '80s. I was working there on a contract from UK and bought this along with a Drizabone riding coat. They are still wearing well 40 years on. Picture here though is with my '40s Harrod's teddy bear coat, it's cold in London today in Australia in the '80s. I was working there on a contract from UK and bought this along with a Drizabone riding coat. They are still wearing well 40 years on. Picture here though is with my '40s teddy bear fabric coat from Harrod's... it's cold in London today

View attachment 470733 View attachment 470734
The hat and coat are a perfect pair! Forty years strong.

Who?

Practically Family
I wish I had bought one of those coats many years ago, but I didn’t, alas.

Too late now, since I seldom have reason to go outside in nasty weather these days.

A Drizabone coat, and an Akubra Territory sounds like an unbeatable combination.

At least I have the hat.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stepping out tonight in this American classic. MacLachlan Beaver 15. Even the moth nibbles don’t diminish this felted edge beauty (that much anyway).
View attachment 471395 View attachment 471396 View attachment 471397 View attachment 471398 View attachment 471399

The 2 7/8 brim is slightly over my comfort zone for a dress hat. Brim up maybe give it a different feel
View attachment 471400 View attachment 471401 View attachment 471402
Wow! Beautiful fedora, Joe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21