Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Yesterday, a BGGCD to help with the parish pic-a-nic.

20231007_161109_compress23.jpg

Today, a Game Bird.

20231008_100037_compress31.jpg
20231008_100039_compress7.jpg
20231008_100042_compress65.jpg

Bapa ooh mau mau

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
While I prefer wider, I also like short brims if the felt and overall look of the fedora still has that certain manly profile and high quality vintage attitude.
Tallish, mostly untapered crowns, and of the period where the Cav edge might still exist doesn’t hurt a bit. Both of yours look great!
I have a few that fit the bill and like em a lot.
Thanks Randall!

Actually I do have another hat with exactly the same dimensions and he gets a lot more head time. I love this little Stetson Twenty, which your comment inspired me to take out of storage today.

Come on autumn!

View attachment 550980
View attachment 550981
View attachment 550982
View attachment 550983

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I’m very much in the process of discovering stingies as we speak, so thank you for the encouraging words!

Isn’t there a month on this thread dedicated to stingies? Is it the weeks leading up to Christmas?

While I prefer wider, I also like short brims if the felt and overall look of the fedora still has that certain manly profile and high quality vintage attitude.
Tallish, mostly untapered crowns, and of the period where the Cav edge might still exist doesn’t hurt a bit. Both of yours look great!
I have a few that fit the bill and like em a lot.

Last edited:

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
As with many other things that has crossed my mind and require memory, some of critical importance, I’m at a loss, but I’m sure others here remember which month and day.
My stingies don’t usually get head time because I can’t take them on the road with me - they just don’t give enough protection for full time travel.

Since being sick this last year and unable to travel like normal, I find they do have a spot in my rotation. That 20 pairs particularly well with denim.

So I’m very much in the process of discovering stingies as we speak, so thank you for the encouraging words!

Isn’t there a month on this thread dedicated to stingies? Is it the weeks leading up to Christmas?

My stingies don’t usually get head time because I can’t take them on the road with me - they just don’t give enough protection for full time travel.

Since being sick this last year and unable to travel like normal, I find they do have a spot in my rotation. That 20 pairs particularly well with denim.

So I’m very much in the process of discovering stingies as we speak, so thank you for the encouraging words!

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/show-us-your-stingy-brims.92725/

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
In solidarity with my shorter brim loving friend @Redfokker Michael Dicianna, last year we decided to start the new holiday tradition of StingyMas…. A celebration of beautiful stingy brim hats that… too.. were made with quality and style like their larger brimmed brothers… To spread stingy brim cheer to all the good boys and girls of Fedora Lounge Land.

So with that I present…

The Eleven Days of StingyMas

Why eleven… instead of.. oh say… twelve? Because eleven is STINGIER than twelve.

I will kick off the celebration with my always at the ready Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe XXXXX

View attachment 387473 View attachment 387474 View attachment 387475 View attachment 387476

MERRY STINGYMAS!!
Here it is…. Stingymas!!

(And it’s coming soon, too.)

I’m very much in the process of discovering stingies as we speak, so thank you for the encouraging words!

As with many other things that has crossed my mind and require memory, some of critical importance, I’m at a loss, but I’m sure others here remember which month and day.

Here it is…. Stingymas!!

(And it’s coming soon, too.)

Just when we get out of pumpkin spice season,. Stingymas is upon us.

Ugh. Bah, humbug!
it’s the most wonderful time of the year :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart