Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Good Monday morning! Sunny and they're calling for temps in the 70s. Stetson 3X dress hat on top today.
1ad9c42626f14ffb8d5c7d5e23c71807.jpg
5d744f36c758f0c3d7d71a47f37ee4d2.jpg
980e436b2b42a6f591b43c49c7c77d9c.jpg

And this is what it looks like when you hold your phone over your head to get a pic of the back bow...
a7a9644cb250aa207e9c3d902ccb7bb1.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday afternoon I chose to wear a vtg.Stetson Whippet to complete some outside chores.

i-6nfGVWK-M.jpg

i-MbnX667-M.jpg

i-WzGpFtn-M.jpg

Yesterday evening I was out sport'n a long hair felted Disney. This vintage hat is a rust hued long haired felt. Excellent workmanship on the felt as it is evenly pounced and takes a crease gently. It will hold a soft C or a diamond with hard front crease equally well. In order to do that the felt has to be expertly worked. The ribbon and edge work is superb.

i-XGH76RD-M.jpg

i-ZNBqq4n-M.jpg

i-bth63J2-M.jpg

I did not include a "wearing pic" as the angle that I held the camera made the hat appear like a top hat. If I hold the camera too close and high in front hats or caps appear to be veeery tall and the brims proportionately minuscule. I will post up an accurate proportioned pic in the near future.

i-9GtZnZS-M.jpg

i-TRNW9SS-M.jpg

This Disney hat is fine and should be worn more often! Best, Eric -

Yesterday afternoon I chose to wear a vtg.Stetson Whippet to complete some outside chores.

i-6nfGVWK-M.jpg

i-MbnX667-M.jpg

i-WzGpFtn-M.jpg

Yesterday evening I was out sport'n a long hair felted Disney. This vintage hat is a rust hued long haired felt. Excellent workmanship on the felt as it is evenly pounced and takes a crease gently. It will hold a soft C or a diamond with hard front crease equally well. In order to do that the felt has to be expertly worked. The ribbon and edge work is superb.

i-XGH76RD-M.jpg

i-ZNBqq4n-M.jpg

i-bth63J2-M.jpg

I did not include a "wearing pic" as the angle that I held the camera made the hat appear like a top hat. If I hold the camera too close and high in front hats or caps appear to be veeery tall and the brims proportionately minuscule. I will post up an accurate proportioned pic in the near future.

i-9GtZnZS-M.jpg

i-TRNW9SS-M.jpg

That Disney is a killer hat Eric.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

i-6nfGVWK-M.jpg

i-MbnX667-M.jpg

i-WzGpFtn-M.jpg

i-XGH76RD-M.jpg

i-ZNBqq4n-M.jpg

i-bth63J2-M.jpg

i-9GtZnZS-M.jpg

i-TRNW9SS-M.jpg

Great Whippet, Eric. The Disney is just in a class of its own. I'm drooling here.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
That Disney is a killer hat Eric.

Thanks Perry.

Great Whippet, Eric. The Disney is just in a class of its own. I'm drooling here.

Thanks Steve. I am shocked as pairing the rust felt is easier than I thought. I have placed the hat on several outwear jackets and it works. I am pleasantly surprised.

Thanks again folks.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I try to get this hat out for some fresh air once or twice a year. It is a highlight from my collection of early hats, one of few surviving examples from the Hawes Von Gal company, likely made during the first decade of the 20th century. I hope you enjoy seeing it.

042219_1.jpg

042219_2.jpg

042219_3.jpg

042219_4.jpg

042219_5.jpg

042219_6.jpg

042219_7.jpg

042219_8.jpg
Enjoy seeing it? My jaw dropped, Alan. Gorgeous hat. Who wouldn't love that in their collection. Wow! Just wow!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I try to get this hat out for some fresh air once or twice a year. It is a highlight from my collection of early hats, one of few surviving examples from the Hawes Von Gal company, likely made during the first decade of the 20th century. I hope you enjoy seeing it.

042219_1.jpg

042219_2.jpg

042219_3.jpg

042219_4.jpg

042219_5.jpg

042219_6.jpg

042219_7.jpg

042219_8.jpg
Always fun to see the Von Gal, Alan.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here

042219_1.jpg

042219_2.jpg

042219_3.jpg

042219_4.jpg

042219_5.jpg

042219_6.jpg

042219_7.jpg

042219_8.jpg
I remember this one, Alan. A gorgeous lid outright, and the liner and sweatband treatment are incredible. The crown ribbon is just about my favorite style.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran