Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Condolences for your loss, Stefan. But nice to hear she had a long and full life and that you had a great relationship with her...I wish I could say the same about my in-laws.

Good to see you back to give us all our regular dose of hat-envy.
Sincere condolences.
My most sincere condolences steur to you and all your families loved ones at this difficult time.
If only that buyer saw that C&K. ******, that's a beautiful hat!

Condolences to you and yours, Stefan, on the recent passing of your mother-in-law. A peaceful ending to a long, good life is a blessing. May you take solace in your family.

And your hats.
Condolences for your loss, Stefan. But nice to hear she had a long and full life and that you had a great relationship with her...I wish I could say the same about my in-laws.

Good to see you back to give us all our regular dose of hat-envy.
Sincere condolences.
My most sincere condolences steur to you and all your families loved ones at this difficult time.
If only that buyer saw that C&K. ******, that's a beautiful hat!

Condolences to you and yours, Stefan, on the recent passing of your mother-in-law. A peaceful ending to a long, good life is a blessing. May you take solace in your family.

And your hats.
Condolences to you, your wife, and your collective family. May better times be ahead for you all.
My condolences to you and your family.
Thank you, everybody for the concolences and well wishes you've posted so kindly. Your support was and is heartwarming and is much much appreciated.

That's a very nice trio of hats, Jeff.
Chapeau Vimenet Belge... a lightweight light color for a warm and sunny November morning.

View attachment 279395

View attachment 279398

View attachment 279397

View attachment 279396
I was thinking about that one when I started the Beneluxury thread. A thing of beauty, Alan.
Very nice, Reggie. Lovely colours.

View attachment 279414 New 50s Dalton that I got 2 weeks ago. Just sewed on this copperish colored ribbon and bow tonight.
The ribbon was a pure white color that I dyed using brown and orange.
Looks more red in the last pic than it actually is.
The medium brown thin ribbon that was on this hat was sweated up with ugly dark stains that I couldn’t remove, so it had to go. I’ll dye it black and use it on a black 7x custom OR clone that I’ve rebuilt.
I’ve decided to leave the reblocked crown unpinched and the brim unsnapped. I have been trying hard to Diversify all my look alike shaped hats just a bit. Hard to do when snap brim, center crease pinch looks so durn cool.
Nice color combos are another thing I’m trying to vary when buying or building. View attachment 279416
View attachment 279413
Very good looking hat, Randall. The new ribbon suits it very well.

Oberbayerische Hutfabrik gmbH. Miesbach "Edelweiss-Hut" "Chamois", a recent arrival.

50589141926_60f4ae69f7_b.jpg

50589151916_02aea75c75_b.jpg

50588409728_d88deb7e55_b.jpg

50589277912_30bcd60636_b.jpg

50588415638_fc3e1d762d_b.jpg
Great new find, Steve. Looks like a great felt and a super ribbon treatment as well.

Among the hats with autumn colors this Albertini, tone on tone, is one of my favorites
View attachment 279503
Albertini was one of the first hat factories documented as an industry in 1817 on the Lago Maggiore, very close to Ghiffa, the home of Vanzina, from which it was then bought
View attachment 279505
This was a very fortunate finding as Albertini ceased production before the Second World War.
This has come new by chance to the present day
View attachment 279506
Albertini Argo, produced in Intra - Italy.
The size is expressed in three measures: 59 cm. French 6 and English 7 1/4. No other indications
View attachment 279507 The felt is of medium consistency and firm, the color is hazel, or so it would have been defined in its day. Finished well, it is a medium-high hat of Italian production before the Second World War.
View attachment 279508
Thank you very much for your likes and appreciation.
Have a nice Wednesday!
A beautiful hat, Daniele. Excellent proportions and good colour.

Dog soirée in a Stetson Fifteen.

68FB7EBC-AC4C-4D62-A685-E086617C2004-M.jpg

DSC03818-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Excellent as always, Eric.

An unknown maker hat that was labeled as a Beaver Twenty
IMG_7270 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_7267 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_7266 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
A nippy morning, perfect for some Harris Tweed
11-11-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good day,
Michael
I'll take their word for it. Michael. Classic looking hat.

VS Ar(t)minto. Whew — that sun is bright!

Verrrry nice, Bob. Gorgeous greys.

View attachment 279626

View attachment 279627

View attachment 279628

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab

Silver-Wolf

One of the Regulars
Another great looking bow on a cool hat! Good pics, too.

Many thanks Randall, this was my last bow and the one I showed my wife how to do them and then she went right to work doing better and puts me to shame lol, I love it. Besides my hands just don't work much anymore, so it's a win-win for me. (She has a life long nick-name too, Da Moo, The Moo or just Moo... Strange I know, The Wolf and a Cow lol .I'll add she's not known as a cow lol.. It's just Wolf and the Moo)

And just for a bit of show 'n tell..... I went looking in her secret study (yeah, I know but I'm a brave and some would say "foolish" man lol) and I found out why I got to do gardening while waiting for her being so late this morning before going out.

She's been practicing doing wolf's yesterday and this morn obviously when she thinks I'm busy and not looking lol. Going to be something she's preparing to do for me or the hats at a later point maybe...who knows but I'm positive it's for me as what she's been burning is a dead give-away hahaha. Here's a naughty peek-a-boo ....shhhh!

htzBwsI.jpg

Edit: A few hours later after dinner she presents me a gift showing me and asking if I like it. Amazes me, she's had this pyrography gear for a week or so a week remember....... I can't even draw a half decent stick figure.

JQPbMzO.jpg

Last edited:

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Many thanks Randall, this was my last bow and the one I showed my wife how to do them and then she went right to work doing better and puts me to shame lol, I love it. Besides my hands just don't work much anymore, so it's a win-win for me. (She has a life long nick-name too, Da Moo, The Moo or just Moo... Strange I know, The Wolf and a Cow lol .I'll add she's not known as a cow lol.. It's just Wolf and the Moo)

And just for a bit of show 'n tell..... I went looking in her secret study (yeah, I know but I'm a brave and some would say "foolish" man lol) and I found out why I got to do gardening while waiting for her being so late this morning before going out.

She's been practicing doing wolf's yesterday and this morn obviously when she thinks I'm busy and not looking lol. Going to be something she's preparing to do for me or the hats at a later point maybe...who knows but I'm positive it's for me as what she's been burning is a dead give-away hahaha. Here's a naughty peek-a-boo ....shhhh!

htzBwsI.jpg
Wow! Da Moo got multitudinous skills!!
Your bow looks great, as well! Talented couple.
You be careful pokin’ around her secret study. Some moos have horns.
:)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Very good looking hat, Randall. The new ribbon suits it very well.

Great new find, Steve. Looks like a great felt and a super ribbon treatment as well.

A beautiful hat, Daniele. Excellent proportions and good colour.

Excellent as always, Eric.

I'll take their word for it. Michael. Classic looking hat.

Love that Portis; such a cool hat.

I hope you stayed at home with it, Perry. It deserves to be worn.

Italian week continues with these entries.

Barbisio Titan Cervo qualitá superlativa

View attachment 279903 View attachment 279906
Alessandria

View attachment 279902

View attachment 279905

Barbisio Rat Gondin
View attachment 279901 View attachment 279907

Cappellificio Monzese St George Antilope (woolfelt)
View attachment 279904 View attachment 279909
Thanks Stefan. I'm liking that Rat Gondin a lot. And, to echo Jeff, the colors on the Antelope are very nice. Hard to think it's wool from looking at the felt.

Thanks,
Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ