Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Sporting a 50’s era Resistol Melorol today along with 50’s plaid sharkskin suit, necktie, tie clasp. I love to wear vintage attire every chance I get.
View attachment 482993 View attachment 482994
Heck.. even the mannequin dates to 1957!
Well you carry on wearing your vintage attire, it makes for such a memorable experience seeing you dressed in such an elegant style.

metropd

One Too Many
Oh my, are you the re-enactment of Admiral Lord Nelson standing on the deck of his flag ship, HMS Victory, at the battle of Waterloo.
Fab-u-lous!
I would never try to imitate a man that great. We would all pale in comparison. My attire is that of a civilian, however, not too dissimilar from Naval Undress. While Regency inspired, I intentionally modernized the trousers & coat with classic menswear innovations of the past 140 years.

Last edited:

StoryPNW

Practically Family
Happy Anniversary to you both. Celebrating in Gannon style!
Thank you sir!
Look at you two love birds, what a lovely photo. Congratulations to you both. Now you are only six years away from your first "biggie," the 25th or Silver Wedding Anniversary. You have to celebrate that in style. What I did was to take the lady on The European part of The Orient Express, steam hauled of course. Was it expensive, oh yes, but the lady was worth it. So, start your plans and save your pennies and if it turns out like ours, you will still be dining out on the experience for years to come.
We'll have to plan something special for 25 for sure. We do love to travel so I'm sure some sort of special trip will be in order, maybe something in the southern hemisphere, like New Zealand. My wife likes to get away from the cold in the winter, if possible.

No. 1 Stetson- Jackson, WY
AE359801-3480-49BB-8657-23810E567F43.jpeg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Thank you sir!

We'll have to plan something special for 25 for sure. We do love to travel so I'm sure some sort of special trip will be in order, maybe something in the southern hemisphere, like New Zealand. My wife likes to get away from the cold in the winter, if possible.
Sensible choice, it doesn't get much warmer than down under during the northern hemisphere's colder months. At school, all those years ago, I remember that New Zealand is an island country in the southwestern Pacific Ocean. It consists of two main landmasses, the Northern and Southern Islands. But I was amazed to learn that there are over 700 smaller islands.

If you do go you will have to learn to drive on the left side of the road. https://www.newzealand.com/int/facts/ The Kiwis, as they are known in The English speaking world, knew instinctively that the left is the civilised side to drive on. We Brits are multi lingual about driving on the left or right. Mainland Europe still cannot come to terms with right hand drive, which is the side that the steering wheel is when you drive on the civilised side of the road.

Just as an aside, if you like your sport, and if that sport is American football, check out Rugby Union. The New Zealanders dominate it, their national team are known as, The All Blacks, and what a formidable team they are.

Whoops I nearly forgot. Did you want to see today's hat? It's actually navy blue, but does it look black, or what?
blue blazer green stripes 002.JPG

Thank goodness losing weight doesn’t affect your head size.
I have experienced this phenomenon. After dropping about 65 to 70lbs I had noticed I also dropped about a hat size. Oddly though after packing most of it back on the last couple years my hat size hasn’t seemed to revert. Unfortunately I can not say the same for pants and shirts! I may though need to pull out some of my smallest hats and see if they still fit at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui