Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Seriously Silly, you say?!
Let’s put on a pork pie party, people!!
My 1950s Knox milan…
View attachment 532697 View attachment 532698 View attachment 532699 View attachment 532700 View attachment 532701
Enjoy the day.

I like pie. I like pork. I like pork pie.

i-sRMzpLz-M.jpg

i-HttbNp7-M.jpg

i-TvmQFV7-M.jpg

Cheers, Pie loving Eric -

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Navy Blue Biltmore Millennium Collection seemed the appropriate choice to see Boy George and Culture Club in concert with Howard Jones and Berlin, last night.

Here we are during the hour and a half storm delay.

View attachment 532582
View attachment 532590

The delay did not diminish the show put on by these three amazing bands! Who made up for it by playing well past midnight. George’s hats appear to be custom for him… his guitar players long hair open crown appeared to be Borsalino or Barbisio based on the ribbon logo. Oh and.. WOW… Howard Jones is a tremendous performer!

View attachment 532583 View attachment 532584 View attachment 532585 View attachment 532586 View attachment 532587 View attachment 532588 View attachment 532589
Oh, my Joe. You're seeing one of my 80s culture dance club idols.

You chose the perfect hat to see that concert in

Navy Blue Biltmore Millennium Collection seemed the appropriate choice to see Boy George and Culture Club in concert with Howard Jones and Berlin, last night.

Here we are during the hour and a half storm delay.

View attachment 532582
View attachment 532590

The delay did not diminish the show put on by these three amazing bands! Who made up for it by playing well past midnight. George’s hats appear to be custom for him… his guitar players long hair open crown appeared to be Borsalino or Barbisio based on the ribbon logo. Oh and.. WOW… Howard Jones is a tremendous performer!

View attachment 532583 View attachment 532584 View attachment 532585 View attachment 532586 View attachment 532587 View attachment 532588 View attachment 532589

Boy George looks pretty tame in comparison these days. I’d have sprung for the tickets just to see Howard Jones and Berlin!

Oh, my Joe. You're seeing one of my 80s culture dance club idols.

You chose the perfect hat to see that concert in
Man…. What a show! All three bands playing full sets considering the situation was really impressive. Terri Nunn at 62 years old.. literally tearing it up! Howard Jones…. 68.. OWNED the stage! I forgot how many hits this man was responsible for. And Boy George… 62.. I mean.. Culture Club! How the heck is that man only 10ish years older than me…. He was cranking out #1 hits in 1982!

Last edited:
Boy George looks pretty tame in comparison these days. I’d have sprung for the tickets just to see Howard Jones and Berlin!
In all fairness… that is an accurate assessment. Culture Club and Boy George is a bigger name. And in fact they did put on a bigger show as the headliner. My opinion George is an amazing singer.. and he actually sounds better on their lesser known songs. But MAN. Howard Jones is absolutely impressive at 68 years old And would 100% rock it as a headliner. Three voices that just echoed through my 80s teenage mind and memory are those of Boy George, Howard Jones and George Michael. Two outta three aint bad.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
My very last photo in my Akubra Banjo Paterson with a dear friend in Thailand. This is from May, 2017.

I wore the Banjo hard for two years but it was not until I turned it into a pork pie that I got my first taste of what a felt hat is really capable of. Seriously, it took me two years to realize that the crease could be changed!

Once I realized that, it was all downhill from there: by year's end, I had joined Fedora Lounge and had purchased my first 50s Stetson 3x.

So in a sense, the pork pie is to blame for my obsession. :D

8E6EA97D-2293-4166-83E4-ED199910B7E6.jpeg

These days I don't get out nearly as often due to health issues, but I did take my newest felt modification for a test run this afternoon and must admit that I absolutely love this "pencil curl fedora." This hat is going to see a LOT of wear.

One thread from many many years ago said we should call homburg-to-fedora conversions "humburgs." I can live with that.

Happy pork pie day friends.
-Nathan

22C11C32-8288-4876-B872-CDE30046C52A.jpeg

1B54EAC8-87A6-44F3-8C86-5DE4BC9F403F.jpeg

CA48FB1F-8E5A-4245-AEEC-1E7B084FEAF0.jpeg

F8DE7C5C-5E7C-49A9-8ED4-5E6DCCAE305B.jpeg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I comment on your fabulous collection of hats not nearly enough, Eric. You're an inspiration. The panamas are works of art but the vote still goes to the Manson, which is one we haven't seen too often I think.
You are not wrong Stefan. Eric must have more hats than I have Hawaiian shirts. They are all most enviable too.
Striped blazer 001.JPG
Off to church shortly, this is the first bespoke hat that I had made, it was worth paying that little bit extra for bespoke, after all, my suits and most of my blazers are made to measure. Come to think of it, so are my shoes. I will risk the vanity jibe and ask Tina to take a photo when we come out of church.

You are not wrong Stefan. Eric must have more hats than I have Hawaiian shirts. They are all most enviable too.
View attachment 532852
Off to church shortly, this is the first bespoke hat that I had made, it was worth paying that little bit extra for bespoke, after all, my suits and most of my blazers are made to measure. Come to think of it, so are my shoes. I will risk the vanity jibe and ask Tina to take a photo when we come out of church.
The added joy of wearing something that's made specially for you. Looking good, Robert.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
The hats of the week. Didn't take pictures of all of them for some reason.

Wormser
View attachment 532855

Dunlap panama
View attachment 532856

Courney by Dalton
View attachment 532857

Stetson del monte
View attachment 532858

And just for fun the plumed bicorn. Tough to get some detail in the plumes. Bicorns are worn fore to aft here in the Netherlands.

View attachment 532859 View attachment 532860
That bicorn would certainly fit in at Carnival festivities. I experienced that one year in the Den Bosch area and boy, those southern Dutch folk really had some impressive costumes.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav