Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday afternoon, before the rains came, I was outside in a Dobbs Fifty Westward.

i-NKNNPXX-M.jpg

i-FdRcWVD-M.jpg

i-mGQCRtc-M.jpg

i-4DbKMMt-M.jpg

This mornings walkabout found me under the brim of a Stetson Scoop. This 30's hat has a "Scoop-ed" flange. The Stetson advertising copy writers would assure me that is not the intended word association.

i-PGwXX4D-M.jpg

i-2hRX8Dt-M.jpg

i-VB7hZfJ-M.jpg

i-SMzsg6S-M.jpg

i-TTDh6w4-M.jpg

i-MqfRMdJ-M.jpg

i-cD3pkBH-M.jpg

If the rain from the last couple days fell as snow, my neighborhood would have 1.5-2ft (40-60 cm) of snow. Happy Holidays from Minnesota, USA.

Cheers, Eric. -

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Today Saint Stephen, the appendage of Christmas, rests after the great lunches and dinners of the previous days
Flechet Caniche Pilot 1.jpg
Today's hat, for the stingy series at Christmas and surroundings, is a Flechet Pilote Impermeable made in France
Flechet Caniche Pilot A.jpg
Fabriqué Specialément pour Chapellerie Meer - Strasbourg.
The size is 60 cm (6 1/2 in France) or 7 1/2 in the US.
Flechet Caniche Pilot B.jpg
The paper label tells us that the Quality is: Pilote I3 and the color of the felt is "Caniche" which in English could be translated as "Poodle".
Flechet Caniche Pilot 2.jpg
Felt is fantastic in feel and finish, again to dispute that only in a given period in the history of hatmaking was felt of great quality.
This is a thick, soft felt with a short fur finish, also called "flamand".
The finishes are high class and the hat is from the 1960s and an excellent example of French workmanship.
Flechet Caniche Pilot 6.jpg
Thank you for your likes on our family photo taken in the backyard in the fading light of a short December day.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
While digging out stingies last week I ran across this Dobbs Twenty, which came to me very early in my hat collecting days.

I never could get under this hat until finally it got lost deep in the collection. But now that I know a bit more about shaping crowns and brims and have it more to my liking, I find myself reaching for it often.

A later model, this 1961 example even has a feather and the sweatband is very much on the narrow side. However, the felt is still impressive and my favorite feature is the 2-3/8 inch brim (giving my collection two with this sweet brim size).

IMG_9579.jpeg

IMG_9581.jpeg

IMG_9582.jpeg

IMG_9583.jpeg

IMG_9584.jpeg

hambone71

Practically Family
While digging out stingies last week I ran across this Dobbs Twenty, which came to me very early in my hat collecting days.

I never could get under this hat until finally it got lost deep in the collection. But now that I know a bit more about shaping crowns and brims and have it more to my liking, I find myself reaching for it often.

A later model, this 1961 example even has a feather and the sweatband is very much on the narrow side. However, the felt is still impressive and my favorite feature is the 2-3/8 inch brim (giving my collection two with this sweet brim size).

View attachment 573915
View attachment 573916
View attachment 573917
View attachment 573918
View attachment 573919
That's a fine looking hat!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 573915
View attachment 573916
View attachment 573917
View attachment 573918
View attachment 573919
That wide ribbon is the icing on the cake, Nathan. Love it.

Fun bill of sale, too. Radnor is also a town in Wales. I have friends there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace