Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your FED IV crown height?

deenis

Familiar Face
I am looking at the Fed IV. I know that it is delivered open crown and that the style is usually to wear it as a higher crown. I like the dimensions of the brim on the hat and the fact that it can take the rain. Personally, I like the lower crowns. Just curious if anyone has one that is slightly lower crowned? Can this hat sport a bash of say....4"?

borsalino-logo.jpg

yardpup01

New in Town
I made a tear drop with mine, with the intention of bringing the crown down as much as I could. 4.5in at the front, 3.5 in the rear, and a 5in peak.

AlterEgo

A-List Customer
I, too, bashed my Fed IV with a front-pinch telescope and just measured it: The crown peak is at the front, 4 1/8 inch, sloping to 3 3/4 inch at the rear. The sides of the crown having no taper, it still has that tall-crown look without being Heighty McDitey.

Even though I wear mine very low on my head--the brim less than half an inch over the tops of my ears--I could still lower the crown even more without the dome touching the top of my head, so actually a less-than-4-inch crown height, maybe as low as 3 3/4 inch at the front, is quite feasible on a Fed IV.

deenis

Familiar Face
Wow,gentlemen, thank you very much. That is exactly the information I was looking for. I think I might just get me a Fed IV. It might be good for hiking down to the river and cooling off this summer.

borsalino-logo.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
AlterEgo said:
I, too, bashed my Fed IV with a front-pinch telescope and just measured it: The crown peak is at the front, 4 1/8 inch, sloping to 3 3/4 inch at the rear. The sides of the crown having no taper, it still has that tall-crown look without being Heighty McDitey.

Even though I wear mine very low on my head--the brim less than half an inch over the tops of my ears--I could still lower the crown even more without the dome touching the top of my head, so actually a less-than-4-inch crown height, maybe as low as 3 3/4 inch at the front, is quite feasible on a Fed IV.

I would love to see a pic of this one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy