Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where did your user name come from??

Midgetqueen

New in Town
Mine's simple, really. I'm really short. My big brothers always used to call me Midget when I was younger. I added the "queen" bit because, well, really, why not? We can consider ourselves royalty if we darn well please.

Dragon Soldier

One of the Regulars
Derives from my interest in the American 2nd Chemical Mortar Battalion.

2CM.gif

freebird

Practically Family
Had a bit of trouble and once I got out of it I felt like a "free bird", it was inspired by Lynyrd Skynyrd's song of the same name.

Charlie Noodles

A-List Customer
I took mine from The Goon, a horror/comedy comic about a gangster who battles zombies and other paranormal forces that threaten his town. Its set around the Goldren Era. But this is very vague and only used for a bit of that kind of flavour.

Rachael

A-List Customer
I came up with this one on a Blade Runner fan board. I started posting over there when I was working on creating a Rachael Tyrell suit for myself (and a matching Rick Deckard ensemble for the mister) so I just called myself Rachael. Seemed simple enough so I use it a lot now.

Justdog

Practically Family
User name

Had a stuffed beagle til about 7 years old. The plastic snout fell of after being carried for about 4 years:) Probably did not have much of a vocabulary when I named it so I just called it Just Dog;)

Kilted_Surveyor

Familiar Face
Kilted Surveyor

I am a 6th generation land surveyor with an Irish heritage from County Cork. 3 of which were Chartered Surveyors in Ireland, along with my grandfather and my father from the United States (Illinois and California). Love the kilt, love the profession.

Two Gun Bob

One of the Regulars
Two Gun Bob...

... is the affectionate nickname given to Robert E. Howard, legendary pulp fiction writer of the 1930s, who created Conan the Barbarian amongst many other characters.

The name was given to him by his friend the horror writer H.P. Lovecraft and other members of the 'Lovecraft Circle', mainly 1920s and 30s writers for 'Weird Tales'.

Howard was given the nickname "Two-Gun Bob" by virtue of his long explications to Lovecraft about the history of his beloved Southwest (he lived in Cross Plains, Texas, for most of his life), and during the ensuing years he contributed several notable elements to Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos of horror stories (his Mythos stories include: "The Cairn on the Headland", "The Black Stone," "The Children of the Night" and "The Fire of Asshurbanipal").

Robert E. Howard is a personal hero of mine, hence the username. He also wore a mean fedora! :D

Tux Toledo

One of the Regulars
I took Tux Toledo as a pen name when I started writing the Lovable Rogue stories. Just popped into my head and it seamed appropriate given the nature of the stories.

Frankie Lamb

One of the Regulars
nom de plume

Frankie Lamb is the name of the world famous 30's and 40's hard boiled private eye who first appeared in the novel, "Where Angels go to Die", then the sequel, "Peace and Quiet." Well, at least they'll be famous after I get finished writing them.
Lamb is a family name ( Scottish; Clan Lamont ) and Frankie lent a kind of smart-ass element to it.

Frankie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters