Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where did your user name come from??

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Forgotten Man comes from the nick name of the men from many bonus army camps from the great depression. They were called such due to the fact that the government had forsaken them by not paying them for serving in WWI. They came home then, the government didn't pay them what was promised. So, they set up camps all over... it became a messy ordeal. I will not go into depth about it but, there was a song that was sang by Joan Blondell in Gold Diggers of 1933

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37-ocetYDdU

Also, it was the roll played by William Powell in "My Man Godfrey" which is one of my favorite movies.

My name sake is a reminder of the many forgotten men who served us in WWI and who paid a price bigger then they should have paid because of crooked government.

Never forget our history... for if we do, we're doomed to repeat it.

where did user names come from

Greetings to you all
I am New to this site, joined yesterday! My name, Vampyre Master, has stuck with me over the years from when I ran The Vampyre ConneXion A subculture vampyre lovers group in the UK.
Part of this was dressing and hats were a big part of that I'll post some piccys when i figure out how.
I now move in steampunk, victorian explorer, indiana jones, by the way does anyone know where I can get a safari jacket!!

regards
Vampyre

mackenzie

Familiar Face
My name comes from a night out with the girls... After one or two shots to many we started to talk about "what would your gangster name be?". They descided that mine was Trouble Mackenzie. I now use it as my brand name when I sew and half of it I use here at the lounge.

Charlz

Familiar Face
I spell my name "charlz" to mitigate the temptation for people to call me "chuck" or "Charlie"; nicknames that I detest for myself.:rolleyes:
"Charles" is one of those names that trigger a pathological response in many people to issue me a shortened/perverted nickname. Often when I introduce myself to someone they will ask "oh, Charles what do you like to be called?" To which I reply "I prefer Bowanna-the lord-of-the-ancient-secrets-of the-Ananakan-and-violator-of-alabaster-virgins-given-in-homage-to-my-greatness....Or just call me Charlz." That usually takes care of that.:D

Kassia

One of the Regulars
Kassia is the "stage" name i choose for belly dance...
It's the Polish variant of the name Kathleen(From the name Katherine).
I thought i'd use it as a tribute to my Polish grandparents.
Kassia ( between 805 and 810 - bef. 867) was a Byzantine abbess, poet, composer, and hymnographer.I did not know at the time i picked the name that she was a saint too!! Perhaps she is my alter ego?
Santa_Kassia.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Kassia said:
I did not know at the time i picked the name that she was a saint too!! Perhaps she is my alter ego?

There are a lot of saints hereabouts ...but there a also a lot of "natural born sinners" especially over on the hat forum...the principal source of "occasions of sin"....lol :D :p ;) :)

Kassia

One of the Regulars
cookie said:
There are a lot of saints hereabouts ...but there a also a lot of "natural born sinners" especially over on the hat forum...the principal source of "occasions of sin"....lol :D :p ;) :)

I am for sure a sinner then.. I wear hats, drive a convertible, drink and dance...

SpitfireXIV

One of the Regulars
Spitfire said:
image_large.jpg

The most beautifull plane ever build!
you will get no argument from me, sir! i just picked the "XIV" for the Mk. XIV -- gotta love the growling of the Griffon engine
Spitfire said:
And the other reason:
10.jpg
i haven't tried it yet. a pal in Finland sent me a Spitfire pint glass for my birthday, but no beer [huh]

Jack R.

New in Town
My real name is John, and my great-grandparents used to call me Jack for whatever reason they had, it sort of stuck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran