Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where did your user name come from??

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
Hotrod_elf

My name is part my nickname and intials ELF. Hotrod come from my husband. He is a greaser and works and loves hotrods. Plan and simple.

vonwotan

Practically Family
Love that book. I'm a big fan of Arthurian literature and this one really stands out.

Viviene said:
I choose Viviene from the book "The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley", although I spelled Viviene differently from the book. I very much enjoyed the book.

6StringShooter

One of the Regulars
I play the guitar, and guns are sort of a hobby of mine (especially revolvers...really more of an interest than a hobby)...so I figured 6 string, 6 shooter...eh, lemme put them together! Plus it just kinda sounded cool to me :)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Caledonia said:
Oh good grief! I've been away and now there are so many new people to get acquainted with. Hi everybody! And all the folks I already know - looking good! So, the call name - one guess - from Scotland and have absolutely no imagination, and I think I may have said that before on another thread. :D

Welcome back, Caledonia. So nice to have you back. You have been missed:)

cooncatbob

Practically Family
I've been using my user name since I first got a computer in the mid 90s. As I was trying to register at MSN my ISP at the time every user name I tried was taken and I didn't want one with a lot of numbers at the end. Then my Maine Coon Cat Samantha jumped up on the desk wanting attention, the rest is history and I became "cooncatbob. and here she is.
435185246_f7fa14cc79.jpg

thetankw/ahat

Familiar Face
well i'm built kind of along the lines of a tank (broad shoulders, 6'2", 260 lbs. you get the picture.) and i always wear a hat when i go out. i was thetankinahat first but it didnt work.

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
Mine is from a sad little typewriter in a Nero Wolfe book. I love Nero Wolfe, and I really like the pun in the name, but as a happy student I do not identify with the original wearer of the name!

At other forums, I just use my real first name as a user name, (boring me!) but the "ø" I need to type it makes it difficult internationally, and I don't like to type it "oe", so it had to be more creative this time.

plain old dave

A-List Customer
Can't remember which forum it was, but several years ago I was registering on some form or another... Kewpt trying different permutations of things and every mother's son of them were taken.... Out of frustration, I tried "Plain Old Dave" and here I am.

Earp

One of the Regulars
My First name is Wyatt. Folks often ended up calling me "Earp" after the famous Tombstone Marshall. For a long time my name was very rare. Now it seems like there are more and more 'Wyatt's" around. For some reason this bothers me. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy