Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where did your user name come from??

leaette

A-List Customer
My username is my middle name. My mum had a friend in high school named Leaette (pronounced: Lee- ette). She just liked it.
It's very uncommon so I use it for a lot of forums and login names because chances are...noone is using it.
Plus it sounds so French!
If my next child is a girl, I think I may name her that!

duggap

Banned
I dig civil war artifacts for a hobby and duggap is the site of a local battle. I was trying to figure a user name to sign in to something and, since I was going there to dig, I just used that handle. I figured I would be able to remember it. So I use it for everything now.:)

Matt Noir

One of the Regulars
Matthew is my given name - and I thought Noir as a surname for the forums went well with "Matt". I also like the Guy Noir bits on A Prairie Home Companion.

Regards,

M

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
I like polka dots. [huh]

(My preference leans more toward the dotted swiss variety as opposed to the Minnie Mouse variety.)

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
My user name is my name. Don't have any nicknames except sometimes "K," other times "K.D." Usually, I go by Karol D., but shorten it sometimes.

If I've been called other names, I don't know about it and don't care to know.

karol

fourstarbanner

One of the Regulars
My screen name comes from my last name (Banner) and how many jokes I hear about it. If I'm going to be a star-spangled Banner, I'm going to be a four star Banner!lol

fourstarbanner said:
My screen name comes from my last name (Banner) and how many jokes I hear about it. If I'm going to be a star-spangled Banner, I'm going to be a four star Banner!lol
Far better to go for a Five, though, young lady...
us^ar5s.gif
;)

And you just happen to know someone striving to earn the right to fly that banner...lol:D

shizzy

New in Town
Im not 100% sure why people call me Shizzy. I think it comes from my days as a heavy drinker and me slurring my speech since my name is Sean [huh] anyways. it pretty much stuck so thats the name I go by.

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Bump!

I was going to start a thread asking this very question. After finding this thread, I figure I'd just bump this one instead.

Mine is pretty straight forward. The North American P-51 Mustang is my favorite plane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24