Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where did your user name come from??

Zip Gun Aria

New in Town
I'm a writer as well as a studio musician. First reviews called my short story collection "contemporary noir," "fin de siecle" and "40s-elegiac," and noted that it tended to be violent. I took most of that as a compliment and tailored my sig to spec: nostalgia, noir, violence, elegy and art.

bubblehead61

New in Town
I was in the Navy. Served on Submarines

Bubblehead is a term for Submarine Sailors. I was born in 61
By the way, my first submarine was SSN 584. The USS Seadragon. First nuclear class of submarine. Looked like the USS Nautilus.

My First classic coat was my Navy issue Peacoat. Still have it, still fits :)
Then I was issued the Cooper A-2 when the Navy Started using them again.
Still have that one as well.

Fair winds and calm seas,

The Big Dogma

New in Town
Well, The Big Dogma actually comes from Former Monkee, Michael Nesmith as one of his solo albums was titled "Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma". Well "Nez" as he is commonly know to his friends, has a penchant for plays on words and obsure song titles as well as album names. Am still a big fan of Nez so I chose "the Big Dogma" as my handle.

And since Nez is a follower of classic film himself, some of his early music videos represent that (Rio, Magic and I'll Remember You). Also in the Sketch comedy video experiment Nez did in 80-81, Nez donned a Fedora himself and they did a parody of a Film Noir detective bust that went wrong...lol

I am a fan of Classic film but its hard to see classic movies over here in Korea unless you can find them online or you pay for Satellite service to try and get TCM, that is if the service carries it.

Well also, The Big Dogma is kinda reminded me of my grandpa talking about the bigshots in the Town council calling them Big Dogs and he told me if I grew up honest and clean livin, I could be a better Big Dog than them. SO a combination of Nez, My grandad and the Pic I use on another board seemed to fit here at the lounge.

Think I'll stay awhile if no one minds!!!

crazydaisy

Practically Family
A friend's impulsive dog's name. Because I miss my friends (scattered in several different countries now) and I miss having animals in my life. And I am growing into a crazy old bitch myself.

quickerNu

New in Town
I used it in drag racing chat rooms (back when chat first began) as a teenager. It stuck, and I never have to try twice for a username. quicker than you- quickerNu.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Hello there!

I'm new to the Fedora Lounge. I've had my eye on this forum for quite some time now, but I've only registered a couple of days ago. The thing is, I did not have a Cox.net email account (a.k.a. non-Yahoo, Google, MSN, etc...), but that's another story. Anyway, my username, J B, is from the initials of my actual first and last names. I wanted to keep it simple, really, something memorable.

Aristaeus

A-List Customer
I Started using Aristaeus back in 98 after joining a virtual combat flightsim squadron {NS38th_Aristaeus}, In none Flight sim forums I simply use Aristaeus.

ARISTAIOS (or Aristaeus) was the son of Apollo and a rustic Greek god of shepherds and cheese-making, bee-keeping, honey, honey-mead, olive growing, medicinal herbs and the Etesian winds which eased the scorching heat of midsummer. His name was derived from the Greek word aristos, "most excellent" or "most useful."

Kaonashi

Familiar Face
I was studying japanase.. like... 5 years ago... and i heard this word "kaonashi" during class, i didn´t know it´s meaning "no-face", and i really liked how it sounds, then i found out the weird character from Hayao Miyazaki´s Spirited Away is also called Kaonashi, i really like the song that identifies this character, and this is one of my favorite movies... so I´ve been using this nick ever since, in several forums and sites...

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Can’t remember if I mentioned why I chose my name in this thread but, I’ll add it anyway.

A little history, I first joined in 2003, Matt Deckard sent me here… I ran under the name of Wild Root as in Wild Root Cream Oil, the hair treatment. I liked the old ads seen in barber shops from the 30s and such; worked for me. I left for some time and came back as “Forgotten Man” in reference to William Powell’s roll as the forgotten man in My Man Godfrey. Even the address is the same address from the city dumb he lived on in the first part of the film.

Now you know the whole story ;)

Papa Smurf

Familiar Face
College Nickname

My freshman year in college I dyed my hair bright blue, routinely wore a red University of Arizona ballcap, and had a blonde goatee. One of the guys living in my dorm started to call me Papa Smurf and it stuck. To this day several my friends still refer to me as Papa or Smurf, or Papa Smurf. My first tattoo is even a portrait of Papa Smurf.

theinterchange

One Too Many
I used theinterchange as the handle for my first foray into social networking on xanga before the turn of the century, and it's stuck for most all of my online handles.

It was in reference to an interchange of thoughts and ideas amongst friends. I shortened it from the long version of theinterchangeroom, which sounded like a lounge or something.

Randy

jaymag_87

New in Town
jaymag_87

It is an amalgamation of my first name, the first three letters of my last name and my college class year. I came up with it several years ago for my Yahoo! email. It is one of two internet user names I use. I have one for sports sites and one for non-sport sites.

I thought about coming up with a cool handle like othere here have, but I figured that there was no way I'd remember it. Seeing as this is not a sports site...:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff