Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who Did You Just See Live?

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Saw Dwight Yoakum at Nevada state line, last night. Great show! Poor photos!
8fe9d3df5f220f4f9a40a267d25ad9a5.jpg
6c4ab5f43972577484dae3d2c077849d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
IMG_1667.jpg

This is from a 1987 brochure for Disneyland--what a lineup and came with the price of admission! I saw Tex Beneke at the Carnation Plaza--while most of my friends were going to see Springsteen (okay, I did that, too) I was dancing to big bands....

Edward

Bartender
Over a year since I was last at a 'real' gig, though on Saturday night I did get to see a live-online session with David Bedella, a multiple-Olivier-Award winning actor from London's West End. Tremendous singing voice, great show.

ONe of our historical neighborhoods - St/ Anne's Hill just east of downtown - hosts "Porchfest" every summer. Porchfest features about 40 local musicians who set up on the front porches of houses in the district and play a one hour set. Last evening, I saw one of my best friends, Bob Dellaposta, perform. Accompanying me were some of my, and Bob's, oldest friends. We've known each other for over 40 years.

Bob 1.jpg
Bob 2.jpg

I would be remiss if I did not also mention Bob has a new CD available. http://bobdellaposta.com/

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
In what was simultaneously a return to high school, a bittersweet good-bye, and a bit of music history as far as anyone can tell, Genesis, for my first time seeing them live, the last time I will see them live, and likely their last Canadian concert ever.

The very first concert Genesis played with Phil Collins on lead vocals after Peter Gabriel left, was in London, Ontario in 1976. Collins was 25.

45 years later,at the Scotia Place Arena (formerly the Air Canada Centre, aka the place where the Maple Leafs and Raptors play), a 70 year old Collins, sadly quite ill over the last 12 years or so, sat and sang a fantastic set.

Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks, a year older, were fit as fiddles and brilliant. On drums, Phil's just turned 20 year-old son Nicholas - fantastic. What a talent.

The classic trio, playing a set of both 80s hits and 70s (even a few Gabriel era classics), a bitter sweet send off.

Collins's frailty did extend a point to his vocals at times, but skilled back up singers did assist as and when needed.

I just set up my sound system, and brought out my 45s.

Among them, a single I had forgotten.

The classic (to me, but I love it) - Illegal Alien.

20211126_220333.jpg
20211126_223814.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ