Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who Did You Just See Live?

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Tuesday last, May the 4th (be with you), An Evening of Exceptionally Silliness with Mr. John Cleese. London, Ontario.

Strict photo policy, so this is the stage post-silliness.

Anecdotes, clips, q and a. Have been hopong to see him live for ages.

20220504_210510.jpg

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
A bsuy week, with a rock and roll concert on Saturday, with the brother in law a d two nephees for their first ever arena ccncert. London, Ontario.

Cheap Trick opening for ZZ Top!

Bun E. Carlos no longer tours with CT, owing to a legal conflict some years back, but he owns 25% of the band, so he made money in London, Ontario without leaving home!

Of course, Dusty Hill died last year, but a trio plays on, and the hombres were awesome. Per Dusty's wishes, long time guitar tech Elwood Francis has taken over on bass.

Yes, the beard is real...

Last edited:
Last weekend, Michael Buble. As usual, he is one of the best live performers I’ve ever seen. He knows how to entertain his audience. The banter, the band, the visuals, and of course, his vocals. We have been fortunate to have attend a number of live shows and this was possibly the best one yet.
:D

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Last weekend, Michael Buble. As usual, he is one of the best live performers I’ve ever seen. He knows how to entertain his audience. The banter, the band, the visuals, and of course, his vocals. We have been fortunate to have attend a number of live shows and this was possibly the best one yet.
A great talent. Vancouver BC sure can make 'em!

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
On duty in Kingston, Ontario, since August. A couple of weeks in, I see an ad on the local arena's digital screen - Ringo Starr and the All Starr band, coming September 27th.

No way I am missing that!

Attachments

• 20220927_220211.jpg
    20220927_220211.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
  • 20220927_211242.jpg
    20220927_211242.jpg
    603.5 KB · Views: 72

Edward

Bartender
Finally, post-Covid, I'm getting to gigs again. In March, I saw Stiff Little Fingers in the Camden Roundhouse (the Cathedral of Punk Rock). A couple of weeks ago, the Damned did a Q&A and record signing I was at, which was nice as I'd missed their latest London show owing to being out of the country for work. Last night, the latest episode of Do Meet Your Heroes: Glen Matlock signing and performing at Rough Trade East, a short walk from home in East London. Cracking night out, lovely guy. One of the most important songwriters of his generation (and simultaneously one of the least recognised for it), balanced with a real humour, charm, and down-to-earth everyman quality about him. Looking forward to seeing him play with Blondie in July.

Matlock & Marlowe.jpg
Matlock 1.jpg
Matlock 2.jpg

A couple of weeks ago, Clutch. A great show at a small enough venue. It was a weeknight and I didn’t get home until after midnight, but I was able to make it to/through work the next day on three hours of sleep and adrenaline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider