Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You Are A Fedoranite ...

Gilbey

One of the Regulars
You are a "fedoranite"
... when you find yourself in this forum more than anything,
... when you can't leave the house without that fedora,
... when you can't dress up for nothing but that vintage outfit,
... when you find yourself glued to the Radio Nostalgia Network,
... when there's no other TV channel for you but TCM,
... when you find yourself gettin' down to the tune of Alexander's Ragtime Band,
... when you feel you were born in the wrong time,
... when you romanticize certain smells, taste, or music that transport you to the past,
... when feel sentimental about your stuff,
... when you are a keeper and you find your spouse discarding them,

There's got to be more ... :)

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I am a few of these things in moderation. I used to be on the FL threads all the time, but, after a couple of years, I found some of the threads to be repeats of earlier threads. Sometimes I join in them, sometimes I don't, depends on what I feel I have to say.

I did feel peculiar in San Diego when I did not wear a fedora, now I also wear caps, am in Des Moines and my mother hates all my fedoras, except the rose red Mr. Stetson with the 2 inch brim.

I also romanticize things and feel sentimental about stuff, giving some of my hats and favorite toys names.

karol

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I'm guilty as charged on some of those. I'm usually in here in the mornings before I get started with whatever I'm doing that day. When I leave the house, except when I'm going to work, I am usually wearing a hat. I appreciate my vintage watches, phonograph, phone, and everything else and cannot imagine life without some of them. Yeah...I'd say I'm pretty much hooked...

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
Gilbey said:
You are a "fedoranite"
1... when you find yourself in this forum more than anything,
2... when you can't leave the house without that fedora,
3... when you can't dress up for nothing but that vintage outfit,
4... when you find yourself glued to the Radio Nostalgia Network,
.5.. when there's no other TV channel for you but TCM,
6... when you find yourself gettin' down to the tune of Alexander's Ragtime Band,
7... when you feel you were born in the wrong time,
8... when you romanticize certain smells, taste, or music that transport you to the past,
9... when feel sentimental about your stuff,
10... when you are a keeper and you find your spouse discarding them,

:)
Lets see, I am #'s 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10 (But the new love of my life is just like me, so I dont see him discarding me anytime soon):p

rockyj

One of the Regulars
Sometimes Yeah!

Fit in with alot of the list. Not all though. Wore a fedora ever since I was a toddler(not kidding) a short time while in the Army and while Dating in my twenties I took time away from 'em;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran