Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

You know you are getting old when just picking up a sock or turning your neck quickly one way or the other can lead to a twinge in some buried muscle that can cause discomfort for a day or two. Why and when the heck did that start to happen? Now I understand why my mother says any day she gets up and everything is simply working as well as yesterday, she is happy.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Maybe it was Andy Devine who rode Banjo..??
I've cracked it: I bet it was Gene Wilder, aka The Wako Kid in Blazing Saddles.

Did you know that after promising to edit out several 'offensive' scenes such as the infamous farting sequence, Mel Brooks in fact never cut a single scene except one: after the room is darkened and Lilly informs Bart "It's TWUE! It's TWUE!", Bart quietly states "You're sucking on my elbow".

[video=youtube;qVhCNgct9JQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVhCNgct9JQ[/video]

GHT

I'll Lock Up
And I'm too young to be old!
As of late, I have been getting quite a bit of photographic, and other work, for my classic car. At a photoshoot last Monday, whereby two clients shared the cost of hiring a professional model, they also hired my car as the centrepiece prop for the photographs.

During a break, whilst the model was having her hair adornment changed, the photographer took, unbeknown to me, a candid shot of your's truly. He texted me this morning with the password for that day's shoot. I saw that candid shot for the first time. Sheesh, am I getting old, or what?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
As of late, I have been getting quite a bit of photographic, and other work, for my classic car. At a photoshoot last Monday, whereby two clients shared the cost of hiring a professional model, they also hired my car as the centrepiece prop for the photographs.

During a break, whilst the model was having her hair adornment changed, the photographer took, unbeknown to me, a candid shot of your's truly. He texted me this morning with the password for that day's shoot. I saw that candid shot for the first time. Sheesh, am I getting old, or what?

Candid shots are hardly ever flattering.
You'd be surprised to see how much is "adjusted" on a model's photo before it is published ...:D

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
I went to a funeral a while back and my cousin and I sat at he back and while waiting on the service got to counting the balding men's heads ( a family trait). We could never get the same number. After several counts , non the same she looked me in the eye and ask, " you are counting yourself , aren't you ?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats