Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you've spent too much time on the Lounge when...

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Folks,

I think you folks will enjoy a little chuckle from this. I know I've been on the Lounge too much because I was recently writing a work email to one of my customers and I signed it like I sign my Lounge PMs or postings:

FG.

My customer called and I explained and he had quite a chuckle.

Grins,

FG.

Josephine

One Too Many
I knew I was writing too much ST: Enterprise fan fiction when in my landscape proposals I kept spelling Hosta as Hoshi (one of the characters). :)

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
When you stop strangers on the street so you can ask them to raise their arms to see if their jacket arm-holes are high cut...

When your criteria for judging if a restaurant is good depends mostly upon the presense of a proper place to store your hat...

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
A friend of mine's brother wrote a report for school and in it were Instant Messanger abbrivations. Too much internet is baaaaad.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was at an antique shop yesterday looking over their EXCELLENT collection of hats (all of which are too small for me) and the fellow working there asked why I liked them so much.

I said rather frankly, "Well, they're vintage fur felt, first of all, which makes them just wonderful," to which his jaw dropped and he said, "You mean these things are made from fur?"

I looked them over; a Foreman&Clark, a Resistol, a Royal Stetson, etc., all probably 40's and 50's and nodded, adding, "Yeah, they're much better than their wool felt counterparts."

He asked me the difference between wool felt and fur felt to which I responded, like some mindless drone, "Well, you really should check out this post on the Lounge; we pretty much discussed it into the ground."

Needless to say, I ended up writing down a link to the FL sheepishly, having forgotten not EVERYONE belongs here.

Yet...

p.s. "the Lounge"? poor guy probably thought I was referring to some underground antique smuggling haven set up right next door to his shop.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Undertow said:
p.s. "the Lounge"? poor guy probably thought I was referring to some underground antique smuggling haven set up right next door to his shop.

You did remember to explain the door-knocking sequence to the entrance, and the secret handshake right?

Nashoba

One Too Many
It's the first thing I check in the morning (sometimes before my email) and I dream about this place....and the people who are here....that alone I think qualifies me as spending too much time here.....

Doh!

One Too Many
I think it might have been a Letterman Top 10 bit, but one of them was:

You know you're addicted to the internet when:

If you get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, you check your email on the way back to bed.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
You know you have spent too much time in the lounge, when your wife has fallen asleep in the sexy underwear you just bought her.:eusa_doh:

(Not that it ever happened to me :D - just a thought!;) )

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Nashoba said:
It's the first thing I check in the morning (sometimes before my email) and I dream about this place....and the people who are here....that alone I think qualifies me as spending too much time here.....

While FL isn't the first thing I do, it is the second, right after my email. I think my day would feel incomplete if I didn't take ten minutes in the morning with some coffee to go over the latest posts.

Nashoba

One Too Many
ScionPI2005 said:
While FL isn't the first thing I do, it is the second, right after my email. I think my day would feel incomplete if I didn't take ten minutes in the morning with some coffee to go over the latest posts.

That's kind of the way I am but without the coffee :) sometimes I check here before my email because I know i'd rather be here than deal with what's in my email :) but I generally check here before I even think about getting chow....which reminds me....I should go do that...

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
You know you've spent too much time on the Lounge when the fedoras and flight jackets you cherished for years suddenly look dowdy and comical, with sloping pinhead crowns and vast billowing sleeves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran