Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero made me a Lady Shackleton vest

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
I always liked vest and waistcoat, but I often found women waistcoats are fit for top models (which I’m not….) or way too revealing. The ones that fits, are sporty vest or are for “grandmother”.

So I decided to ask Aero if they were willing to make a lady version of their Shackleton.
Holly told me it wasn't a problem. I gave her my measurements but even with them we weren't sure of the size. She suggested to send me a vest to try on and go from there.
They didn't have a size 42 to send but they made one especially for me to try on!
I got it the following week.
Sam, their pattern cutter asked a few specific measurements to modify the Shackleton pattern and adapt it to a woman body.

Now I have my own Lady Shackleton vest, custom made in Battered Steerhide. The leather is butter soft like lambskin, a really beautiful hide.

No extra charges for the mods and the try on vest.
Holly is a sweetheart and Aero went above and beyond.
This is customer services, gentlemen.

DSC04022.jpg

DSC04023.jpg

DSC04025.jpg

Thank you Holly, thank you Aero!!!

Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
It looks both smart and classic. Nice!
And I love the feel of a good vest, so I'm sure it feels as good as it looks.
Thanks for posting!

wdw

One Too Many
Looks good. I really like the Shackleton and it turned me into a vest/waistcoat guy. I think it's undervalued on this site.

Beautiful vest, fits you perfectly! Not a vest guy either but your Shackleton looks very casual and cool. Extremely beautiful leather, too!

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Thank you guys.

I was really impressed how the vest keep me warm this chilled morning.

During winter I usually wear a fleece vest plus a peacoat or duffle coat, I hate to be cold and there is so much wind in the area... The Shackleton is way classier without being too uptight.

Last edited:

devilish

A-List Customer
I love mine and I'm sure you will too. It's much more versatile than most people give it credit for.

Mark

Practically Family
Love it, looks fantastic. I really, really want one but can't see when i'd wear, with what or if I could carry it off. It conjures up images of smoking lounges, gin & tonic and those big curled pipes.

Edward

Bartender
Looks great. I can see it being a viable alternative to a jacket in warmer weather, too.

I think Aero only made a few Shackletons in all leather(in the beginning) and then decided that the tweed back was better suited to the weight and comfort of their new vest.
HD

I remember that being pretty much what they said on the sale page when they sold off a working prototype: leather bakc made it too stiff, not the look they were going for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass